Senior Legal Counsel (Alternative Investments)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH, UK Branch
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
Alternative Investments Legal is part of the European Legal & Compliance team and acts as a dedicated trusted adviser and business partner to the Alternative Investment Platform to support the further growth of AllianzGI’s Alternative business.
The candidate will join an experienced team with exposure to a broad suite of illiquid alternative products (funds, segregated accounts, master funds, bespoke investment structures, co-investments) across a wider range of alternative investment strategies (infrastructure, renewables, private credit, private equity, real estate, ESG/impact investment). We are looking for an experienced, flexible, business-oriented and highly effective team player with the ability to manage priorities, to work diligently, independently and also under pressure.
Providing comprehensive legal support and advice to the AllianzGI Alternative Investment Platform throughout the investment lifecycle of our illiquid alternative investment strategies, in particular:
• Structure and set up AIFMD-compliant funds & investment structures in various jurisdictions as well as Global Alternative Investment Products suited for global distributions taking into account legal, tax and regulatory requirements of AllianzGI and its investors (e.g. AIFM licensing requirements, investor eligibility requirements, regulatory capital charges)
• Co-ordinating efficiently with AllianzGI’ s Alternative Investment Platform and various other stakeholders across AllianzGI and Allianz Group in relation to the implementation of new investment products (e.g. feasibility assessment, structuring, documentation, marketing, investor due diligence)
• Supporting the structuring and execution of transactions of underlying illiquid assets (Infrastructure, Private Debt, Special Opportunities, Private Equity, Real Estate, debt and equity)
• Draft, evaluate and negotiate preliminary transaction related agreements (e.g. NDA, LOI, MOU, Mandate Letters)
• Support the ongoing operation and maintenance of investment & fund structures and underlying assets
• Manage effectively external law firm relationships in various locations
• Monitoring legal and regulatory developments in the area of Alternative Investments as relevant for alternative asset classes
• Collaborate closely with Legal & Compliance colleagues globally in different time zones with regard to Global Alternative Investment products
• Qualified lawyer, with significant professional experience as legal counsel in financial services and/or in a leading international law firm with background in banking & finance, in particular, debt & structured finance experience and solid understanding of fund & investment structures and applicable legal and regulatory framework
• Experience in Asset Management, M&A/Private Equity, Distressed debt, Real Estate, Project Finance and corresponding transactional experience would be highly beneficial
• Transaction management skills, strong drafting skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly in both oral and written form
• Fluency in English and proficiency in German would be highly beneficial
• Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently combined with strong team spirit and collaborative approach
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and execution skills
• Ability to understand difficult, complex legal, tax and regulatory issues in the context of the business perspective and to express complex matters clearly to business audience, including to senior management
• Learning agility and keen interest in following policy, legal and regulatory developments relevant for the business
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to naturally develop and maintain effective relationships with various stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Agility and resilience to work in an extremely fast-paced environment related to a growing and global business with demanding internal clients
At Allianz Global Investors our people enjoy motivating, fulfilling careers. If you’re looking for a fast-paced working environment, you’re resolved to cultivate and expand your talents, and you believe in always putting the customer first, then we’re the right place for you. We’re committed to giving our people – experienced and young professionals alike – the opportunities and experiences they seek to thrive and gain personal fulfilment. We will work with you to design your own career, develop your personal growth, and align your achievements with your ambitions.
We seek a colleague who can build positive relationships and drive for results in our business environment. We offer an attractive, performance-related compensation package and provide a productive atmosphere which is run by team spirit. We are an equal opportunity employer. Would you like to discover more about the role and AllianzGI? Would you love an international and diverse environment? Apply today just with one click attaching your CV, relevant information and contact details.