Senior Manager- Data Technician
- £115,000 + Package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Gresham Hunt
- 18 Oct 18
Gresham Hunt are currently working with a Global Bank with build out of their growing Data Team. This role offers excellent career progression, the ability to work with senior members of the business, whilst being an integral part of the team.
The Ideal candidate will be comfortable working with ambiguity and have the ability to define and solve ill structured problems by using available data and making reasonable assumptions. You passionately focus on insights, driving your analysis to “so what” conclusions that influence business strategy. You can seamlessly work across projects in a constantly evolving corporate environment
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data with a singular goal of profit maximization and with a religious focus on actionable analytics
Proactively engage with multiple departments across the Bank; including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Trading to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
Make intelligent tradeoffs between resources available and provide innovative solutions to customers even in situations where all the desired data may or may not be available
- Inform, influence, and support decision-making
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a Business/economics/math/technical field or related discipline preferred. MBA highly preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in a business or data analyst-related occupation
- Experience managing a team of analysts
- Experience in an analytical role in ecommerce, technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management preferred
- Experience with R, Python, SAS or other data science tools is strongly preferred
- Experience in data science (such as machine learning, algorithm building, predictive modeling) is preferable
- Superb communication skills in writing, verbal presentation, and data visualization.
- Working in an a complex environment is preferable.
- Financial services experience will be looked upon favourably but is not a prerequisite.