Senior Manager/Manager, Information Management, Risk Analytics, London or Regions
Our mission is to deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society. As part of the largest Data Risk Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk.
To deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society. Helping clients and society turn risk to advantage through responsible use of data.
We combine our people's skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across four focus capability areas:
- Data & software engineering - we design and deliver the data architectures, pipelines and solutions which underpin our business.
- Information management - we design and implement strategy, governance, operating models and compliance around enterprise data to build a secure and trusted foundation for our clients.
- Data science - we conduct data-driven problem solving and analysis through modelling and visualisation to shed light on root-cause issues and identify the optimum solutions and options.
- AI & automation - we harness machine learning and cognitive capabilities to derive new insight from a myriad of unstructured and structured data sources, and removing manual effort.
These capability areas help our clients and society across the following industries:
- Consumer & Industrial Products;
- Telecoms, Media and Technology;
- Government and Public Sector;
- Healthcare and Life Sciences; and
- Energy and Resources.
Furthermore, Data Risk Analytics is an integral part of Deloitte's advisory capabilities, and our OneDeloitte strategy enables individuals to work with our specialists in different areas across the business.
This opportunity focusses on our expanding Information Management
Team which works with a wide range of clients from all industries, supporting them to build robust data foundations and management practices. We encompass all aspects of Information Management including, but not limited to: data strategy; data governance; master data management; data lineage, data privacy (including GDPR); and data quality.
You will have the opportunity to specialise in one or more elements of Information Management, in advisory and/or technical capacities, as well as developing propositions and teams of your own.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
In this role you will further develop your skills and our Information Management capability through the delivery of pioneering client projects, proposition development and team leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
Your work, your choice
- Managing and delivering exciting and innovative Information Management projects for our clients. These can range from Advisory and maturity assessments through to technical data quality profiling and data discovery projects.
- Developing deep and lasting relationships with our clients as well as acting as a trusted advisor in Information Management and the initiatives that it supports.
- Strengthening and broadening the Information Management proposition and capability within Deloitte and showcasing our work with clients.
- Identifying business development opportunities, and supporting a pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Developing the people around you to create a network of specialists we can draw from to support clients in their data challenges.
- Bringing technical and practical insight to how clients might manage data more effectively to drive opportunities and manage risk across their business.
- Supporting in building awareness across Corporates and Public Sector organisations to ensure our clients understand how we can help them.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This role can be based in London or regional offices, however, majority of your time will be spent at client site. Some domestic or international travel may be required
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience delivering services related to one or more of the core Information Management domains:
- Data Strategy;
- Data Governance;
- Master Data Management;
- Data Privacy/GDPR; and/or
- Data Quality.
- Operated in, or have experience of, Information Management within Corporate or Public Sector industries.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects in environments that have a high-degree of uncertainty.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Strong planning, organisation and people management skills.
- The ability to manage a strong industry/business network, identify and convert sales opportunities and lead the sales process.
Additional desirable experience includes:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Degree or relevant professional qualification(s).
- A wide-ranging professional network within Corporate or Public Sector industries.
- A track record in strengthening existing & developing new client relationships.
- Professional services experience an advantage.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal Independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 180010