Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Job Title Senior Manager UK Financial Reporting Responsible for Managing Financial reporting and controls for The UK Fair Value book. Managing reporting delivery from team (GFS)
Job Title Senior Manager UK Financial ReportingGrade 5
Reports to Head Of UK Financial Reporting
Responsible for Managing Financial reporting and controls for The UK Fair Value book. Managing reporting delivery from team (GFS)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities * Ensuring accuracy, integrity and timely submission of all IFRS pack reporting using UK general ledgers as source.
* Work with GFS and the Systems team in developing standard PSGL rules, related processes and controls across the Bank (including IAS 21).
* Establishment and implementation of a standardised reporting management policy across the UK general ledger for all Fair Value accounts
* Help prepare quarterly CFO/CEO review pack with comments on major movements on all balance sheet and P/L lines
* Developing and implementing new procedures to enhance the reporting process as necessary including monthly balance sheet movement analysis
* Challenging current practices and procedures
* Liaison with GFD regarding queries from packs submitted and technical accounting issues
* Identification of weaknesses in current processes and developing and implementing effective solutions
* Supervision of report preparation team at GFS
* Review and approval of late journals passed by Product Control
* Manage the UK Intercompany quarterly reconciliations and engage with the Central Intercompany Team (CIT) to improve the process
* Developing and implementing new procedures to enhance the reporting and controls process as necessary. Work with the Balance Sheet Substantiation Team to ensure successful implementation of the next phase of the Reconciliation and Substantiation framework.
* Implement and enhance the review around disclosures for the UK IFRS pack.
* Sign off of Country Finance owned accounts in FCS
* Support the roll out of the new ledger (ASPIRE)
* Interaction with internal and external auditors
Internal * Regional CFO for UK and Europe
* Financial controller UK/HO
* Head, Business Finance UK
* Group Finance
* Product Control
* Financial Markets Operations
* UK Finance controls team
External * KPMG
Skills / Experience Required The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills and experience:
* Qualified accountant (preferably ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
* Proven ability in financial and management accounting and a strong background in reporting
* Up to date theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS and its implications on reporting
* Practical experience with reporting systems and tools
* Sound knowledge of Financial Markets Products
* A self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to set and manage their own agenda with the overall UK Country Finance Agenda
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive change effectively with staff of all levels
Systems OPICS, MUREX, SYN, SOPHIS, ACBS, EBBS and PSGL
Decision Making Authorities * Prioritisation of resources
Personal Profile * Good team player with previous experience in managing a small team.
* Solution driven, with creative and lateral thinking.
* Self-starter with a drive to instigate initiatives and changes.
* Confident, flexible and a sense of materiality / priority.
* Ability to adapt proactively to customer needs.
* Good communication, influencing and relationship development skills.
* Excellent opportunities for career development within the Finance community, both locally and overseas.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...