Senior Manager, Forensic Analytics – Data Science & AI Specialist, London/St Albans
Your opportunity Investigating fraud, bribery and corruption, financial crime - it's just another day at the office for our Forensic Technology experts.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Forensic Technology practice. This practice helps its clients perform extensive, complex and often urgent investigations into their business operations and data. Our Forensic Analytics team develop and apply advanced analytical tools and methodologies to detect, investigate, resolve and prevent complex accounting, fraud and misconduct issues. Your role
You can expect to manage challenging, client-facing projects and be actively involved in growing our business from day one. You will apply cutting-edge data science, machine learning, statistical modelling, and natural language processing techniques to tackle our hardest-to-solve problems. Your work might include:
- Working with subject matter experts to engineer new data features and models that rely on alternative database technologies and advanced analytics
- Building predictive models to detect illegal behaviour such as fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and employee misconduct
- Designing and implementing intelligent customer and payment screening solutions that use machine learning and natural language processing technology to optimize performance
- Developing statistical models to build behavioural profiles and detect anomalous patterns of behaviour within our clients accounting, operational and communications data
- Creating systems to assemble and analyse holistic datasets that combine data from a wide range of sources in order to accelerate investigations into suspicious activity
In between projects you will use your constantly growing experience to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team. Our work is challenging and high profile. You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people.
You will be responsible for:
Your work, your choice
- Scoping the delivery of data science projects, working closely with our wider team to understand and address client requirements
- Support the building of a market leading forensic data science team by attracting and developing a group of specialists and proactively identifying opportunities to apply their skills
- Working with economic crime subject matter experts to review our clients' data, technology and data science capabilities and then identify and deliver improvements
- Engaging with clients, their advisors and regulators to deliver analysis that resolves contentious issues and which will bear the utmost scrutiny
- Validating models for precision and recall, ensuring repeatability of methods and developing data science best practices within the team
- Leveraging your skills and experience to identify, propose and oversee the development of new services
- Developing a network of internal and external contacts in order to identify new business opportunities
- Keeping abreast of emerging data science techniques and technologies to support the development of innovative products and partnerships
- Contributing to the management and leadership of the Forensic Analytics practice and the firm's talent agenda
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or St. Albans with a requirement for national and international travel for specific client projects. We work across various industries - our clients are wide-ranging, and associated projects will vary in both location and duration.
Suggested work pattern: This is a permanent role with options for flexible working. At times work may be required outside standard office hours in order to meet the needs of our clients. Your professional experience
- Educated to degree level (or with equivalent professional experience) with a career spent in roles of increasing responsibility
- Able to demonstrate an independent, pro-active and confident approach to managing project-based work. You define rather than gather requirements and can articulate and execute your own vision
- Previous management experience involving responsibility for the work of others
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You are comfortable and adept at navigating competing priorities, resolving ambiguity and managing demanding expectations under pressure
- Commercial focus and outlook. You understand the business problem and evaluate your work by reference to it
- Highly articulate. You are able to communicate advanced data modelling approaches, trade-offs, impacts, results and benefits to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional and proven technical ability in three or more of the following areas:
- Use of SQL, Hadoop, Scala and/or Spark and other tools to develop databases.
- Data analysis and modelling using standard tools (e.g. Python, R, SPSS)
- Experience with Network Analytics in neo4j, NetworkX or similar.
- Statistical / predictive modelling techniques, including machine learning
- Natural language processing and natural language generation
- Building and implementation of complex mathematical models
The following are considered an advantage:
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications
- Experience delivering and explaining models and their outputs in a consulting capacity
- Production experience acquired within a regulated industry, e.g. financial services
- Experience with Amazon Web Services' unique Big Data and Machine Learning offerings
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC BAFTEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172502