At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses, and communities.
We are looking for a forward-thinking and motivated individual to join the Group's Corporate Finance & International unit, which has 2 key responsibilities:
oversight of all financial matters relating to the M&A activity required to deliver the Group's strategic objectives; and to lead an International Legacy Portfolio to a conclusion.
Reporting to Head of GCF&I, we are looking for someone to play a key part in commercial & financial decision making by leading the financial evaluation & impact analysis of M&A transactions on a Group-wide basis
In return, we will give you exposure to strategic decision making, corporate finance solutioning and gaining knowledge and exposure in areas such as capital, tax, pensions, legal, operations, indemnities management, statutory reporting and liquidations.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Good understanding of how banks operate, different types of products they offer & business models (Consumer Finance, Insurance & Wealth Management, Fintechs)
- Good understanding of valuation approaches & financing structures (debt and equity)
- Experience of interpreting financial statements
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Accounting qualification
- Displays strong leadership skills and potential
- Energetic and pro-active.
- Comfortable taking ownership & able to act on own initiative.
- Strong stakeholder management
- Comfortable & credible when dealing with senior fora
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a high pressure, project environment; calm under pressure
- Strong Excel modelling & Powerpoint skills
- Regulatory knowledge an advantage
- Eager to learn!
What You Would Be Doing?
- Establish & lead the finance workstream for each transaction
- Work closely with GCD and the business to execute sales & acquisitions
- Day to day management of 2 colleagues
- Support the due diligence process in conjunction with external advisers
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of business valuations to support the financial evaluation of the transaction being considered
- Co-ordinate relevant internal & external financial specialists to ensure all financial risks and impacts are rigorously assessed
- Review & sensitivity analysis of valuation models & valuation drivers to articulate future financial impacts
- Assess accounting treatment & communicate commercial implications for acquisitions
- Produce cumulative impact of transactions on Group's operating plans
- Review & mark up of Sale & Purchase Agreements to protect financials & financial strategy
- Review & mark up of accounting & valuation policies in SPA which will be used to value balance sheet acquired/sold
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible!