Senior Manager, Group Planning - Reporting & Analysis
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Planning and Budgeting:
- Drive the development & delivery of Group Planning analytics, including forecasts, Corporate Plan, Budget (& Budget refresh / restatements), specific areas of focus include:
- Responsibility for providing insight into Forecasting and Planning Analytics for MT and Board updates.
- Develop and deliver (i.e. "hold the pen") the overall Corporate Plan and Budget board paper story line with analytical support as appropriate. Leverage support from Group Strategy Colleagues to do so.
- A critical stakeholder / advisor to Planning team in shaping & agreeing planning objectives & timelines of key planning events (5-year Strategic Plan, Budget and Forecasts).
- Support the FP&A change agenda across a number of initiatives, driving towards a more nimble and insight driven strategic planning capability.
- Support ongoing development and design of MI in Tableau, and (new) going forwards integration of Costs Process/Reporting and seamless adoption of Quant models
- Work seamlessly with the Head of Planning, to engage and leverage Plan and Analytical resource in Chennai, Singapore (and London) to allocate responsibilities and tasks and to ensure emerging issues are addressed.
- This prominent role interfaces extensively with senior Finance management at Group level, with Country, Segment, Function, and Regional CFOs, and the heads of the GFS centers and works closely with the Finance Management Team to develop & deliver a successful plan.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Role model team behaviors and work closely with the broader FP&A senior team to deliver on team priorities.
- Work with team leaders proactively to manage adhoc projects and peak demand in the annual cycle
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the Group including Businesses, Regions, Investor Relations, Strategy, Corporate Development and Treasury.
- Challenge status quo and lead initiatives to deliver a more effective / efficient function.
- Maturity to "team-play" across locations and work independently as sole London representative
- The ideal candidate would have significant post qualification experience including planning, performance analysis & corporate strategy within the financial services sector. Experience in coordinating the planning processes (or equivalent) of a complex business or banking Group would be ideal.
- Prior product or client segment experience in banking business finance roles.
- Experience in managing (at least a "matrix") team and relationships across a complex network of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; a strong self-starter with natural intellectual curiosity; an ability to think both strategically and analytically and apply these skills to interpret financial information from our businesses.
- Good multi-tasker who is not afraid to "roll ones sleeves up" as necessary
- High standard of written English, with the ability to review, summaries and communicate material accurately and succinctly.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines while delivering quality output to senior management
- CFA or accounting qualification
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.