Senior Manager, Group Tax
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Please view Job Description for details.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
* Working within a well established UK based tax team within Group Tax the successful candidate will manage a wide range of UK tax work in order to achieve the bank's objective of successful risk management and tax compliance.
* Manage and control UK tax compliance processes in order to manage tax risk and ensure all tax laws and regulations are adhered to.
* Ensure the highest level of service to internal clients and stakeholders including front office business support and other support functions such as Treasury.
* Supporting internal projects by delivering timely effective UK tax input often working alongside other Group Tax teams both in the UK and overseas.
* Contribute to the accurate and efficient reporting of UK tax in group and statutory financial statements.
* UK tax review of proposed transactions, reorganisations, financing, and products.
* Contribute to transparent, professional and constructive relationships with HMRC and HMT.
* Impact assessment of new tax legislation, guidance and practices and effective management of systems, cost and control matters arising from changes in the tax environment.
* High personal integrity and compliance with all relevant policies and procedures particularly operational risk management.
Qualifications and Skills
Necessary skills and experience:
* Strong UK corporation tax experience gained in a Big Four accountancy firm, with subsequent UK in-house tax experience.
* Track record of successful tax risk management.
* Track record of successfully managing other staff and working as an effective team member.
* Degree holder with evidence of strong analytical skills.
* Qualified ACA or CTA with at least 6 years post qualification experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively and explain technical tax issues to non-specialists.
* Adaptability and ability to work both autonomously and within a wider team.
Desired skills and experience
* Previous experience in financial services.
* Strong knowledge of banking products and financial markets.
* Specialist UK tax experience in bank levy, bank surcharge, corporate debt, chargeable gains, transfer pricing, controlled foreign companies, double tax relief, tax treaties, operational taxes, withholding taxes, and diverted profits tax.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience of OneSource tax software.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
closing date for applications is 27/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
The previous requirement for employees to have demonstrated satisfactory performance in their current role for at least one year has been replaced by "during the selection process, prior performance appraisals are available for review by the Hiring Line Manager, if the Hiring Line Manager decides this is required".
- Candidates will not be considered for positions at a global grade more than one level above their current grade.
- Existing line managers will not need to be informed by the employee unless and until the candidate has accepted the job offer.
- Any Vacancy roles which have been published to Job Watch before the 1 st of July and continue to be published in Job Watch on 1 st July or later which are: localised ;cross border moves in current role; conversion from Fixed term Worker to Permanent Employee, or where the scope or responsibilities of a given role are being increased without any change being made to the current role holder will continue through to the end of the Job Watch period and the selection process will be subject to the new policy rules.
- The procedure where selection necessitates an increase in grade is made in accordance with the prevailing Human Resources Guidelines.