Senior Manager, Operational Risk
- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Our client is a global investment banking and diversified financial services group, who are seeking an experienced Operational Risk professional to join the team in London.
Our client is a global investment banking and diversified financial services group. They have over 10000 employees globally with further plans for expansion.
- Operational risk governance and policy – Ownership of the Financial Control Framework (“FCF”)
- As a regional Subject Matter Expert on operational risk, provide ad hoc advice to finance staff regarding operational risk best practices, interpretation and application of policy, etc.
- Timely escalation of operational risks, concerns and issues to local and global stakeholders (as required)
- Report and manage operational incidents in a timely manner to prevent recurrence. Analyze trends to identify areas of concern
- Participate in global ‘Control Assurance’ reviews across high risk areas of Finance. Lead regional control assurance activities and reporting, including site visits to non-London offices in EMEA
- Prevent operational incidents through participation and advising on ad hoc projects, e.g. new business integrations
- Training: identifying Finance staff needs, developing materials and delivery, e.g. FORM-owned systems like BCS, new starter inductions, etc.
- Operational risk reporting, e.g. regional Key Risk Indicators
- Ad hoc visits to non-London offices in EMEA, to provide training, build relationships and complete control assurance testing (c. 10 days per year)
- Execution of operational risk-related compliance tasks, including the Senior Accounting Officer signoff an Senior Managers’ Regime
- Relationship management with key stakeholders in FMG, the Risk Management Group and operational risk managers in other business groups
- Completing user access reviews and physical access reviews
- Coordinating the quarterly Finance Direct Report signoff process for EMEA
- Assist in assessing and monitoring the design and operation of Financial Control Operating Standards, which provide a framework for the consistent application of the FCF across the organization
- Participation in the half yearly Risk and Control Self-Assessment
- Ownership (delegated from CFO) of the Business Recovery Plan for FMG in EMEA
- Relevant industry experience, chartered accountant preferred
- Good understanding of the key elements of a financial control environment via external/internal audit, operational risk or financial control roles
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to enable presentations and reporting