Senior Manager, Outside Sales
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
Senior Manager, Outside Sales
Senior Sales Manager - S&P Global Market Intelligence, Non-Financial Corporates
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence are looking for a Senior Sales Manager for its Non-Financial Corporates Business sector. The Senior Sales Manager within our Non-Financial Corporates Team is responsible for managing a team tasked with selling a portfolio of products to current and target customers. The role will help identify key decision makers and influencers and execute sales strategy collaboratively with sales members, team leaders, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery.
The Team: S&P Global Market Intelligence integrates news, comprehensive market and sector-specific data and analytics into a variety of tools to help track performance, generate & identify opportunities, identify investment ideas, understand competitor and industry dynamics, perform valuations and assess opportunities & risks.
The Impact: With an unprecedented combination of capabilities under one roof, S&P Global Market Intelligence is an integral part of global economies, industries, businesses and markets, and provides insight that few others can offer today.
What's in it for you: The role's contribution and dedication is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation and driving future growth. In doing so, you will get to help clients identify needs and solve problems utilising our products and tools. You will create and nurture high level strategic relationships and promote thought leadership to customers. You will develop strategies and approaches for driving revenue growth for market specific sales segments. Moreover you will align that sales strategy to S&P Global's most important client base.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working within one of the worlds foremost news, data & analytics, market intelligence and enterprise solutions providers to identify key sales opportunities.
- Focused on the non-financial corporates sector - including clients such as: Central Banks, Government Institutions & Regulators, Large Corporates & Academic institutions and Universities. Our Non Financial Corporates division has a significant subset of Mining & Metals companies.
- We provide desktop information market intelligence feeds for all of these functional areas.
- Managing a team of 15+ Sales Managers & their team of senior sales professionals across the EMEA region, to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Manage and drive the creation and assignment of sales goals, business retention goals, compensation plans, and travel expense budgets for sales team(s) in a specific location or region.
- Lead a sales team within a region or a specific location. Identify gaps in product knowledge, management, and sales skills within the team. Ensure that team is aware of trends and responds to client/market demands with relevant products and services to drive revenue in each location within the region or market specific sales segment.
- Providing managerial direction, and the additional sales skills/tools the team will need to achieve set targets. Ensuring the team is up to date & aware of key trends, responding to client & market demands with relevant products and services. Driving revenue in each location within the region, or market specific sales segment.
- Monitoring the team's performance and comparing it with core objectives.
- Lead the creation of a sales plan for team with tactical action steps to execute that plan to meet and exceed sales/revenue goals.
- Identify product and market trends and ensure that sales teams are knowledgeable and conversant in them as they change.
- Develop high level strategic relationships and promote S&P Global thought leadership to customers. Align the teams sales strategy with that of S&P Global's most important client base. Oversees the identification of potential new client relationships.
- Identify opportunities to provide solutions and the issues being faced by large corporates within Western Europe, & Central Banks & Regulators, or by Universities and Academic institutions across the region.
- Experience leading & managing a large outbound sales function, along with individual experience of managing the entire sales life cycle.
- Proven track record in consultative sales and experience selling data, analytics & sector specific enterprise solutions to industry professionals:
- Experience working with pan-European Government agencies, Central Banks & Regulators, large multi-national Corporations with extensive operations in Western Europe, as well as Professional Services firms, Academic Institutions & Universities.
- Experience in PRG diagnostic sales methodology or associated techniques.
- Including the ability to use these or similar techniques to manage sales forecasting & pipelines.
- Direct FIG experience would also be a distinct advantage: working with Central Banks and Government bodies, as well as Professional Services firms: on areas such valuation, legal advisory, transfer pricing & financial modelling.
- Exposure to commodities corporates specifically the Metals & Mining as industry.
- Additionally proven experience dealing with Credit Risk Services for NFC's: credit analysis, scorecards & ratings.
- Experience developing, training & coaching sales teams and team leads to achieve & exceed targets.
- Experience in the building and execution of regional sales plans for Non-Financial Corporates.
- Demonstrating the ability to identify gaps in product knowledge that the sales team may have - in order to develop talent & additionally help them drive revenue within their market.
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to manage Sales Managers, with large sales teams across the Western European region - who sell enterprise solution to these clients and spot opportunities.
- Experience in delivering the goals, targets and strategy for the development of Enterprise Solutions, data & analytics for Non-Financial Corporates, in addition to providing subject matter expertise on content and its delivery.
- Experience in managing and driving the creation and assignment of sales goals, business retention goals, compensation plans, and travel expense budgets for sales teams across the EMEA region.
- Direct experience of working with a leading providers of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics - specifically working with Non-Financial Corporates.
- Have extensive experience and a broad understanding of an effective sales process preferably including experience with Salesforce, ideally using S&P products & the Capital IQ platform or equivalents.
- Strong MS office skills are required, particularly with excel, which is used for reporting, mapping and data grooming purposes. Confidence with pivot tables, v-lookups and other excel-based functions a must.
- Bachelor's degree.
- LEAN experience an advantage.
- MBA is a plus.
Competitive salary + bonus
Closing date 16/02/2018
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .