- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
Senior Manager Regulatory Change
Team Overview The Compliance Regulatory Change team is responsible for identifying, tracking and co-ordinating cross-jurisdictional, cross-functional regulatory change for the Group. They have a global remit and work closely with local and regional teams, along with business subject matter experts, to ensure we understand
The Compliance Regulatory Change team is responsible for identifying, tracking and co-ordinating cross-jurisdictional, cross-functional regulatory change for the Group.
They have a global remit and work closely with local and regional teams, along with business subject matter experts, to ensure we understand the impact of new regulation and can achieve compliance and leverage any potential business advantage.
The team also supports wider initiatives within the Compliance department and supports areas of heightened focus, whether as a result of regulatory change or wider business change.
We are looking for an experienced candidate with broad capability to support variable Compliance work in areas of heightened focus, whether as a result of business change (M&A, organic or otherwise) regulatory change, identified compliance issue or otherwise, under the supervision/direction of Heads of Compliance or other Compliance and Legal Managers. In this role you are likely to focus on a significant number of different issues/projects over time in different compliance subject matter areas, potentially in different jurisdictions, some of which may be intense and demanding for short periods. There is scope for significant personal development through varied experience and exposure.
The team is also responsible for the Compliance Graduate scheme and this role is expected to undertake mentoring and guiding of the individuals on that scheme under the direction of the team head.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Very able graduate with strong academic achievement and 5+ years of direct Compliance department, financial services regulator or applicable professional services experience
- Strong all round analytical, verbal and numerical skills
- Initiative and self-confidence; able to apply themselves successfully to diverse projects and topics
- Ability to demonstrate and evidence understanding of, interest in and strong commitment to Compliance and essential underlying values
- Advanced financial sector knowledge and interest
- Flexibility and mobility, potentially globally, on a short term basis
- Commitment to personal development
- Relevant Asset Management experience (but personal capabilities are more important)
- Relevant professional training (e.g. Accounting/Audit, Legal, Compliance)
- Major European or Asian languages
- Structured and unstructured training provided, including relevant professional examination courses