Senior Network Engineer
- £60,000 - 85,000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition’s goal is to provide superior client services. It believes its business success is a direct reflection of its employees and recruits. As such, teamwork, creativity, reliability and integrity are components of a work ethic taken very seriously since the company was founded in 1959.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Network Engineer to be based in the London office.
Main responsibilities within the Senior Network Engineer position include:
- Responsible for design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of network infrastructure to an enterprise standard.
- Hands-on technical work for both projects and business-as-usual tasks (including some out of hours).
- Ensure the development, optimization and maintenance of network environment supports the business needs.
- Be one of the key escalation points in the day to day management of major production trading platforms.
- Ensure maximum network availability and help build a secure and scalable technology platform.
- Ensure adequate cover is provided by network team during core business hours
- Define, document and maintain standard processes.
Key skills and experience required in this role:
- 7+ years of experience in Network Engineering and Support in a global enterprise or ISP environment.
- A proven track record in supporting large multi-vendor network estates.
- Strong hands on experience and technical knowledge of Juniper, Cisco and Arista hardware (routers, switches and security devices) and software/protocols within LAN and WAN environments.
- Extensive understanding and experience of implementation in Routing, Switching, MPLS, Data Centre and Security technologies.
- Good know-how of network OSS/monitoring solutions and debugging tools.
- Excellent network troubleshooting and incident management skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and ability to work under strict project deadlines.
- Understanding of Change Management process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Key technical skills & qualifications required:
- Juniper MX, SRX, QFX, EX series
- Cisco ASAs (pre and post 8.3), Cisco Nexus, Cisco MDS
- Switching: VLANs, VTP, DTP, STP, RSTP, MST, LACP, PAGP, vPC/MLAG
- Routing: BGP, OSPF, ISIS
- Security: VPNs, ACLs, NAT-PAT, CoPP, AAA
- MPLS: MP-BGP, LDP, RSVP-TE, VPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN
- QOS: JUNOS CoS, Cisco QoS, Cisco MLS QoS
- High Availability: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, SSO, NSF, GR, NSR
- Network Management: Netflow, SNMP, Syslog
- Miscellaneous: CDP, LLDP, NTP, FTP, TFTP, DNS, DHCP, DHCP Relay
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Cisco Call Manager
- DC: VXLAN, EVPN, FCoE, FCIP
- Security: DOS/DDOS Protection, IPS/IDS
- Solarwinds Orion, Nagios, Cacti, Rancid
- Cisco ISE, Cisco ACS
- Citrix Netscaler
- Linux, Scripting skills
- Industry recognised qualification such as JNCIE, JNCIP, CCIE, CCNP, CCDP