Senior Network Engineer required to join Berenberg's growing Global Technology team in London!
Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
We are hiring a:
Senior Network Engineer, London
- Responsibility for the administration and operation of the corporate networking services, e.g. firewalls, routers and switches, gateways etc.
- Design of future connectivity and networking concepts and solutions
- Continuous improvement of current processes and systems and judging on new technologies
- Create and maintain high quality documentation of our network environment and solutions and document root causes
- Working within projects as well as patch managements are part of your tasks
- University degree in IT or comparable qualification
- Experience in the architecture and design of corporate network solutions in a global environment, ideally in investment banking
- Experience in monitoring solutions, e.g. Splunk, Check_MK
- Understanding of VPN and related technologies
- Understanding of IT security concepts and industry best practices
- Experience with the administration of firewalls (Fortigate, CheckPoint) and switches (HP, Arista)
- Ideally experience with Tufin Secure and Thomson Reuters Systems
- High interest in network and security topics and the ability to structure complex issues according to the target group
- Experience in cooperation with external partners and service providers
- Excellent teamwork, flexibility, reliability, initiative, resilience and communication skills are essential
- Understanding of cultural differences; willing and able to work as part of a global team
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal working hours
The successful candidate will be required to spend their first 4 to 6 weeks in the Hamburg office as part of the induction period.