Senior Network Security Engineer
IHS Markit's Technology Team delivers a globally consistent operational model with consolidated toolsets and compliant processes in support of all IHS Markit products. The team is made up of Architecture and Engineering, Operational Support, Project Delivery and Project Management functions supporting over 10,000 users.
Support staff are based in 7 major locations (New York, London, Dallas, Amsterdam, Boulder, Singapore and Delhi) which allows Infrastructure to provide 'follow-the-sun' support to our product groups. Infrastructure will be organized on a Global, Regional and Local basis with the appropriate capabilities in each area to meet the business needs and drive the most efficient organization. Position summary
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced Senior Network Security Engineer to join the Core Network team. The team is responsible for the architecture and engineering of the network security components of IHS Markit's Core Network environments. Duties & accountabilities
Business competencies Must Have
- Responsible for the design and specification of IHS Markit's core network infrastructure to ensure the security, availability and integrity of the company's data communications.
- Help define and manage the Network Security reference architecture and transition states within IHS Markit.
- Research and develop security solutions, proposals and effort estimations for the IHS Markit Data Centre network, WAN and Campus networks.
- Develop and maintain standards, policies, procedures and operational guidelines for the delivery of Security technologies and services.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new network security infrastructure deployments from design into production and minimise interruptions to live services (Testing, Staging, Change Control, Communications).
- Undertake research and development activities with new technologies to identify and report how these could be used to support business requirements and exploit new business opportunities.
- Develop and lead proof-of-concept initiatives to evaluate the applicability and fit of new technologies and approaches, as well as defining the standards and best-practices for their use within IHS Markit.
- Analyse current state technology and make cost effective business justifications for moving to new models and introducing new technologies.
- Ensure the integrity of all Network Security solutions delivered in IHS Markit. Guaranteeing that they are fit for purpose and comply with the standards necessary to maintain a robust, consistent, efficient and effective technical infrastructure.
- Act a primary intermediary between Core Networks and Information Security teams.
- Act as a subject-matter expert for the enterprise Network Security and provide third-line support to resolve complex problems.
Nice To Have
- 10+ years' experience designing multi-vendor network security infrastructure/solutions for large data centres and campus LANs.
- 10+ years' experience managing firewall policy in large complex environments.
- Experience with vulnerability management & security advisories assessment and remediation
- Experience working with a wide range of networking platforms, including Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, F5 and Juniper.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing firewall and load balancers in the large enterprise.
- Experience writing HLD, LLD, implementation plans and change controls
- Good knowledge of networking standards, protocols, and technologies.
- Good understanding of core routing and switching
- Highly proficient communication skills.
- Experience with penetration testing assessment and remediation
- Knowledgeable in DDoS solutions
- Experience of technical management of security vendors.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects.
- Qualified Security Specialist in one or more of the following: defensive, offensive, incident response, audit, cloud, or management spheres (Eg. SANS GIAC, ICS2, ISACA, Offensive Security, EC-Council certifications)
- SME/TDA experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching other team members
- Proven competence in new technology evaluation.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.