Senior Network & Security Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totaling around 8,200 billion kroner (1 trillion dollar). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 600 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Senior Network & Security Engineer part of Technology and Support within our Network Services team. Technology and Support is part of NBIM Operations and has responsibility for our technology platform and the daily support of systems and data loads. We want to make our services faster and better by using cloud and agile methodology.
The main objective of the role is to support the Network Services Department with the transformation of the existing platform to a new software defined network architecture with a high level of automation. It is important that the candidate has experience of working in a DevOps environment with software experience.
In addition, you will providing support to ensure that the Network and related Security communication systems running optimally and smoothly.
The position is located in London and will report to the Head of Network Services located in London. Some travel will be required.
• Supporting the Cloud & Network Software transformation including POCs, design and test cases
• Developing and operating our Network and Security services, both in the data centre and in and between different cloud service providers
• Resolving network incidents and problems affecting NBIM systems
• Developing and optimisation of NBIMs Network Automation frameworks and methodologies
• Communicating effectively to senior management and establishing an adequate reporting
Main Qualifications: The successful applicant will have the following background / skills
• University degree in Computing and Information Technology or other relevant field with strong academic records
• Minimum five years’ experience working with Networking and Security Engineering
• Experience with scripting including CLI, PowerShell, JSON and Python
• Experience with SDN, CISCO ACI and Microsoft and AWS networking products
• Demonstrated experience in network technologies, architecture, design & security such as
o Datacenter virtualisation using Nexus and ACI platform
o MPLS, L2 (Ethernet, switching), L3 (BGP,IGP)
o SD WAN and SDN technologies including CISCO ACI and DNA
o CISCO Next Gen Firewalls – FirePower, FMC, and ASA with AnyConnect
o VPN Technologies, Cisco ISE, AAA, Tacacs, Radius, IP architecture
• 3rd party vendor/supplier management and co-ordination
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
• Up-to-date network certifications (CCNP & CCIE preferred)
• Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
• Ambition to excel
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
The salary offered is competitive
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Sandeep Bhamra Head of Network Services, telephone +44 0207 534 9035.
Please note we can only accept applications made via the online portal on www.nbim.no .
Opening date for applications is 2nd of March 2018
Deadline for application is close of business 2nd April 2018
NO AGENCIES PLEASE