Senior Operations Assistant, Payments & Treasury
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
An integral role in providing first class service to clients by ensuring the Payment and Treasury team becomes the bank wide centre of excellence for all client, investment and treasury payments.
As a senior member of the team this role is responsible for ensuring that all payments and treasury operations are fulfilled in line with procedures, service level agreements and with a high first time yield. This role will oversee activities carried out by Operations Assistants within the team and provide support to the Team Leader
• Verify all payments for Arbuthot Latham clients and interbank including but not limited to BACS, CHAPS, Faster Payments, Swifts, FX deals and treasury payments.
• Investigate queries relating to all transactions
• Montor work items to ensure that SLA’s are met with a view to exceeding them
Operational Excellence/ Risk
• Generate and deliver continuous improvement to processes to enhance client service
• Complete first line of defence testing for processes within the Banking and Treasury department
• Investigate errors & complaints to establish root causes and take action taken to avoid repetition
• Ensure all operational guidelines are followed and maintained
• Sanction checking inward and outward payments
• Facilitate training within Payments & Treasury team and the wider Banking and Treasury Department
• Oversee work completed by Operations Assistants within the department
• Encourage team work within the direct Payments and Treasury Team and wider Banking and Treasury Department
• Reconcile all relevant suspense accounts and actively chase outstanding entries
• Monitor daily cash sheet and cash management between accounts
• Monitoring and liaising with Treasury team through the day positions
• Work closely with Private Banking Assistants, Private Banking Executives and the Treasury team.
• Previous experience in Treasury Support/Back Office Role
• Knowledge of BACS, CHAPS and Swift payments
• A good understanding of Money Market & FX
• Knowledge of Derivatives settlement/confirmation
• High competency of Outlook, Microsoft Office & Excel
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with clients, providers and senior management coupled with a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.