At M&GPrudential our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
This is a senior in-house role covering M&G’s UK wholesale business within our press office, reporting to the Director of Communications for M&G. The M&G Press Office is part of the M&GPrudential Corporate Affairs team.
The role will be working closely with our award-winning team of investment professionals to support our UK wholesale investment management business and our large range of UK-domiciled OEIC mutual funds. This involves leading proactive promotion of M&G’s fund managers, investment strategies, investment views and our investment brand in the UK online, print and broadcast media, including ESG and corporate governance issues. You will also help the business communicate new product launches and changes to products, prices and fund managers to the media; and respond to media challenges and requests for information.
• Develop and execute strategic communications plan to support UK mutual funds investment business.
• Manage external agency team in supporting delivery of the plan.
• Proactively manage our relationships with key journalists and commentators on investment topics.
• Come up with good ideas for news, features, opinion pieces, infographics, social media and multi media content
• Be principal contact for all incoming media inquiries and requests relating to UK OEICs and wholesale business.
• Represent comms on change projects and announcements for our UK OEIC fund range.
You will have:
• Excellent judgement
• Good internal stakeholder influencing skills
• Very sound media handling skills with a good, up to date network of media contacts in this sector.
• A team player seeking a busy in-house position with an agency-like feel
• An interest in technical / complex topics or themes.
• Can-do and self-motivated approach to work
• Ability to contextualise subject matters within the bigger picture,
Experience and qualifications
You should have experience of working at or above Account Director level on investment management accounts (or similar level in-house experience at an investment manager)
Recruiter Name: Joseph Scott
Closing Date: 13/9/19
At M&GPrudential Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.