Senior Portfolio Management Officer - Capital Markets
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB's rapidly growing investment portfolio, which includes loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees, and assisting management and project teams to ensure portfolio quality. AIIB is expanding its nonsovereign-backed financing operations beyond traditional loan and equity products by investing in capital markets and structured finance products (the "Projects") with a focus on fixed income securities [bonds, structured finance (ABS, MBS, CLO) and Bond ETFs].
The Senior Portfolio Management Officer - Capital Markets (Senior PMO) will assume a leading role in the monitoring and management of the Bank's growing capital markets portfolio, under supervision of the IMD Director General and in close coordination with the Banking Departments and other relevant departments.
- Provide, in coordination with investment originations colleagues, timely supervision and implementation monitoring of the Bank's capital market and structured finance Projects through:
- Monitoring progress toward the achievement of Project objectives, addressing key issues that may affect such achievement.
- Managing overall Project-related risks, including any events that could impact the risk profile of Project counterparties.
- Monitoring compliance with covenants set out in the financing agreements (and investment guidelines), including among others, the environmental, social and governance (ESG) requirements, and any events that may give rise to the Bank exercising legal remedies.
- Following up on trade discrepancies with the relevant third-party asset manager and/or liaise to resolve discrepancies.
- Conducting periodic reviews with relevant Project counterparties as deemed necessary.
- Assisting the Bank's restructuring and workout team and the third-party asset manager in the case of asset defaults.
- Lead and take responsibility for the periodic supervision reporting required by the Bank, in coordination with the investment origination team and other Bank staff assigned to the Project.
- Coordinate periodic portfolio reviews with colleagues from the Risk Management Department and other relevant departments for capital market Projects.
- Work as a team player with IMD, the Banking Departments and other departments, including supporting Management in achieving corporate targets and objectives.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in the field of capital markets/structured finance products gained at an internationally leading commercial/investment bank and/or international financial institution.
- Experience in fixed-income middle-office operations including proficiency in the use of various financial IT systems (e.g., Bloomberg) and creation of valuation reports.
- Broad and demonstrable understanding of capital markets across different asset classes.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills; team player, ability to effectively work with others under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to synthesize complex issues clearly and concisely. Fluency in English is a must.
- Experience in Asian capital markets (including Middle East and Central Asia) would be an advantage.
- Master's degree or equivalent, preferably in business administration or finance.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.