One of the world’s largest independent investment management firms, with US$1 trillion in assets under management, is looking to hire an experienced Portfolio Operations Manager with day to day management responsibility for several regional operational functions and teams including; derivative operations, portfolio accounting, cash control, reconciliation and corporate actions.
In addition to managing the teams, working with the Director of Infrastructure Design, EMEA the Portfolio Operations manager will be responsible for setting and executing the operational support strategy for the region working with key stakeholders globally from across infrastructure, client, and investment groups. Due to the varied nature of the role the
Serving as a player/coach the Operations Manager is likely to be an experienced operations professional (or management consultant) who has people management, cross asset servicing and project co-ordination /delivery experience.
- Day to day management of EMEA portfolio operations teams
- Work with stakeholders to assess operational impact of new business opportunities
- Serve as a functional and process subject matter expert able to address complex inquiries from internal and external contacts
- Oversee capture of requests from key business partners both internal & external, ensure timely execution
- Independently identify process improvement and efficiency opportunities and drive them to completion
- Pro-actively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
- Escalate matters of urgency requiring senior management awareness and involvement quickly and effectively
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within financial services (or management consultancy)
- Proven background in an operational type role with a keen attention to detail
- Leadership experience in a team managerial role
- Ability to manage concurrent assignments effectively and efficiently
- Effective communication and technical skills in order to bridge the business and technical requirements of role
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder; demonstrate an ability to partner across groups, regions and functions