Senior Portfolio Risk Analyst (Equities)
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
This is an equities focused Investment Risk/Portfolio Risk role working in a small team on the Investment floor providing challenge to the Portfolio Managers.
This is an equities focused Investment Risk/Portfolio Risk role working in a small team on the Investment floor.
Reponsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily FactSet/Aladdin regulatory reporting process, including data amendments and report production.
- Leading the monthly front office analysis cycle and be able to highlight pertinent information in an insightful and confident manner.
- Working with the portfolio analytics (performance) team to develop thorough understanding of the factors driving a portfolio’s risk and performance.
- Ongoing involvement with key Investment Risk projects, being proactive and ensuring projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Interaction with IT department to develop reporting and identify automation possibilities.
- Assist with ad-hoc Fund Manager queries and to build strong relationships with Fund Managers, product specialists, sales and distribution.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of manager and fund styles.
- Be able to articulate complex subjects in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ongoing professional development in relevant topics expected.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of applicable regulatory directives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven front office facing experience in a similar role within asset management is essential, with experience of leading portfolio review meetings with the front office.
- Working knowledge of the characteristics of equity assets.
- Thorough understanding of risk models.
- Ability to quickly become proficient and self learn risk software packages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel with working knowledge of Excel / Access VBA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly numerate with analytical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Excellent team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Factset or Blackrock Aladdin (PRISM, PRT & Green Package) or similar risk engine essential.
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter is a focused, active fund manager with a well-known brand and an established track record. Founded in 1985 as a specialist boutique, Jupiter has become one of the UK’s most respected and successful fund management groups.
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a substained period of growth with offices now open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Stockholm, Italy, Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our main offices are based in the heart of London’s Victoria, and only a short walk from St James Park and Buckingham Palace. We currently employ around 500 staff.
As a people business, we value our employees and aim to build a positive and inclusive environment in which they can work and develop their skills. Our culture gives employees the opportunity to perform and develop as individuals within a structured control and governance framework. We are a human capital business and our staff are a significant component in the successful execution of our strategy. We believe high levels of employee engagement and equity ownership drive business outperformance.
Our ambition is to recruit the best people from the broadest pool of applicants; inclusion is an environment that supports differences and encourages diverse perspectives. It means respect and appreciation across the full spectrum of race, gender identity, age, national origin, social background, marital status, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, education and religion.