Senior Product Analyst - Treasury Product Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Some careers grow faster than others.
- The prime objective of this role is to identify opportunities, manage the development, implementation and management of new/enhanced Treasury products to deliver end to end solutions in support of HSS and client needs.
- Treasury products include:
- Foreign exchange products
- On balance sheet investment solutions
- Off-balance sheet investment solutions
- Cash administration and banking products
- Collateral management
- The client base includes all HSS client sectors across Custody, Funds and Corporate Trust, supporting HSS' aspiration to become market leading in chosen markets and segments as the core provider of securities services solutions to targeted institutional and globally connected clients.
- In support of the strategic direction, the candidate will work closely with the HSS team, RMs and external influencers and clients, to identify required changes to the product proposition and will have primary responsibility for the development and implementation to BAU of supporting processes and services, often in conjunction with colleagues in HSS Change and Service delivery. The principal focus will be the foreign exchange product range, working closely with colleagues in HSBC Markets to deliver market leading solutions although successful candidate will be expected to provide secondary coverage on other Treasury products.
- Characteristics that can ensure success in this position would be someone of a probing and inquisitive nature, analytically minded, have solid and effective planning and communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Impact on Business
- Effective product market management to ensure that market and competitive environment is understood and products remain client focussed
- The action of feasibility studies to assess market opportunities and product gaps and to prioritise appropriately.
- Be responsible for product roadmap, ongoing product positioning and profitability through life cycle, and ensuring that product is appropriately aligned across HSS regions
- Contribute to development of cohesive product strategy and new capabilities across Treasury Products to support HSS and client needs
- To act as trusted advocate for treasury solutions to HSS client base.
- For specified products, the management of product, process and system developments to meet business and client needs according to established standards and best practices, through key phases of: identification, design, testing and implementation.
- Collaborative management of delivery at pace of IT deliverables in cooperation with Change project managers.
- Coordinating business resources to meet required timescales.
- Planning and coordination of user testing to ensure quality of all deliverables is a particular focus.
- Monitoring of budgets and production of required project documentation.
- Ensuring that appropriate infrastructure is in place to support the needs of internal and external parties including expertise, literature and education
Deliver effective and efficient products, supporting continuing investment
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Must have a good understanding of Treasury products, particularly foreign exchange from a channel management and pre execution perspective.
- Good understanding of core custody processes which influence and interact with the treasury proposition
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
- Must have good, structured analytical skills
- Strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content
- Must be able to work effectively with senior stakeholders across HSS divisions
- Must be a strong communicator both verbal and written
- A self-starter who takes accountability and ownership for coordinating and planning key activities
- Strong problem solving skills and able to perform under pressure
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- Must have vision and foresight concerning the design and implementation of client solutions, particularly in relation to the impact and design of revised/new business operating models