Senior Product Manager - LNG
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 May 19
Senior Product Manager - LNG
Location: London, Denver or New York
Grade Level: 11 ( For internal purposes only )
The Role: We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who will play a substantial role in creating and executing the product roadmap and execution responsibility for LNG product development in the S&P Global Platts business. This includes the development of our digital product offerings using Agile methodology and the delivery of products which bring tangible value to our customers across our platform including - web, mobile apps and data feeds. The role will oversee and drive all product development related to LNG on our Platts Platform which represents one of the fastest growing areas of the Platts product portfolio. In this role you will work with different business functions to develop and execute a customer-centric roadmap using the Agile/Scrum framework.
The Team: As part of the Global Gas and Power team you will help drive alignment with stakeholders in technology, sales, marketing, operations and the broader product management group to:
- Assess and size market opportunities to feed into your product strategy
- Support go-to-market activities once your product(s) are launched to ensure successful commercial outcomes/adoption
- Support product positioning by developing and delivering thought leadership through marketing activities, conference participation, customer engagement and showcasing our deep LNG analytical capabilities.
The Opportunity: Platts creates over 10,000 daily assessments used for 1,500+ cleared financial instruments that transact in excess of $10 billion every day. We stream over 20,000 bids, offers and trades a month from more than 450 of the top commodity trading companies globally. Furthermore we create market moving news and insights every day. We serve a critical role by providing price transparency and market commentary to the global commodity markets.
The role offers unrivalled exposure to global commodity markets, a unique perspective on the value of LNG news, prices, analytics and data across all global regions, and the ability to shape and build how the LNG information market evolves to ultimately drive revenue by meeting the needs of our customers as well as identifying and penetrating news markets. At the source of this product is one of the fastest growing benchmarks in the global commodity markets: the JKM LNG price.
Core Focus: Lead LNG Product Development
- Interact with existing clients and market participants to solicit product feedback, determine industry trends/pain points and create product roadmap to ensure client and market needs for LNG content and tools are met
- Lead internal and external product roadmap around LNG, present future enhancements to senior management and advocate for resources utilizing S&P Global Platts' proprietary internal resource allocation techniques
- Deliver strategic plan that enables long term success of LNG news, prices, analysis through a variety of delivery mechanisms
- Work with the Global Gas and Power team to support the identification of new datasets, features and markets to ensure broader cross selling among various Platts products
- Define success metrics and use data to drive decision-making and present both financial and technical points of view to c-suite
- Write effective user stories and act as Project and Product Owner when required to provide the business vision and direction to Agile developments teams
- Create, maintain and prioritise product backlog according to business value and/or ROI
- Transition and evolve existing LNG product portfolio from legacy delivery mechanism into our single technology platform as well as other delivery mechanisms such as mobile and data feeds
- Develop and execute on Go To Market plans for product rollout/launches
- Engage with customers and analyse customer feedback and product usage in order to feedback implications to overall product roadmap
- Work closely with all stakeholders and commercial organisation to identify opportunities and agree on sales plans
About you: Qualifications
Being held accountable for execution, tangible deliverables and measurable success are common in your past. You are able to demonstrate experience of successful delivery on scope, in time, and on budget.
- 5-7+ years product management experience preferably at a commodity information, oil/gas, or financial technology company
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Proven track record of creating product roadmaps and executing against these roadmaps
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience with business change, designing and executing complex, business critical, processes into an established environment
- High technical literacy with real time delivery platforms and toolsets with understanding of core solution differences
- Fundamental understanding of LNG market, industry experience a bonus
- Experience with both Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies
- 'Tech' Savvy
- Prioritisation and partnership management skills with ability to back decisions with conviction and data whilst balancing corporate needs of both us and our partners
- Diplomacy and tenacity when managing and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of business from Sales to Technology alongside a firm ability to assume positive intent
- Champion tangible delivery to avoid "boiling the ocean" whilst still getting stuff done