Senior Product Manager, Energy
JobDescription : The Role:
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager for our Commodities team focusing on Energy. Our team delivers in-depth analysis and proprietary data in the Commodities space. You will be responsible for contributing to maintaining and building out our energy product offering. You will be a leader in the design and execution of tools, templates, and analysis while working in tandem with clients, prospects, and industry experts. Location:
London, UK Grade:
11 (Internal Use Only) The Impact:
This role is key to ensuring the successful commercialization and adoption of our energy product expansion, ensuring that our best-in-class story is told and understood in the marketplace. The Career Opportunity:
You will work with a team of individuals who have a track record of building and growing sustained business lines. This is an opportunity to collaborate with people who prize entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and execution and work together to achieve common goals. You have the opportunity to work with both the Product team as well as the dedicated Energy Scrum team in an agile based environment. The Team/The Business:
The position resides within the Commodities Product Management team. As a member of the team, you work closely with team members across the globe. The members of your extended team will include people from technology, sales and account management, client support, marketing, research, as well as many other product and platforms teams whose expertise contributes to the overall Commodities solution. Our Hiring Manager Says:
This person would have strong project management skills, a commercial inclination and enjoy getting out into the marketplace to tell the story of our Commodities solution. I am looking for someone who is influential with the ability to take ownership in this role and guide a cross functional team to support our strategic efforts. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on experience and contact with customers and prospects. Your ability to lead in a collaborative manner by working with internal and external partners will be key in the role. Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product roll-out/launch
- Increase market penetration through on-site visits with clients and prospects
- Identify multiple avenues for market development, including marketing channels, speaking engagements, partnerships in the marketplace
- Influence product development by providing feedback to business managers on use demand, market practices and product enhancements
- Building consensus and justifying product recommendations in terms of client workflow/need, usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business goals
- Providing high-level analytical expertise to S&P clients and internal Sales and Project Development teams
- Synthesize ideas from internal business leaders, customer usability studies, end user feedback and competitive/market intelligence and craft them into powerful platform improvements with a focus on return-on-investment
- Work with the development (technology) scrum team to progress product development in an agile based environment
- Willingness to adopt the Business Development Work Cycle (BDLC) which includes working towards attaining certification level 1
- Travel: typically 10%
- Several years experience with energy markets and intelligence products preferred
- Product Management knowledge, specifically in the Energy industry, is preferred
- A bachelor's degree is required; MBA or relevant work experience is preferred; preferred areas include: Energy/Power & Utilities/Economics/Finance/Business
- Advanced understanding of the Energy industry and industry news/research
- Strong communication skills across all audiences, including industry experts & novices, senior management, and technical teams
- Ability to lead multiple projects with varying timelines and across multiple teams
- Motivated, self-starting, willing take risks and challenge conventions
- History of teamwork and proven ability to deliver results
- Have the ability to work within a group, and to collect and interpret stakeholder feedback
- Knowledge of agile/scrum and working on a scrum (agile) team
S&P Global Market Intelligence is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the Commodities industry. The S&P suite of products integrates comprehensive data, expert analysis and breaking news into an electronic database that is available online and updated around-the-clock.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.