Senior Product Strategist
- Up to £80k on the base
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 30 Jul 18 2018-07-30
Our client, a Global Asset Manager based in the City are looking for a Senior Product Strategist to join their growing Product team in London.
The role is focused on idea generation, investigation and creation of forward looking investment management products and strategies in an effort to continue to position our client as an industry leading investment management firm.
Critically, the individual is expected to execute on the following 3 areas:
- Product Strategy – have a strategic vision. Independently create and thoroughly test and support a view on new product creation and industry direction.
- New Product Development – Exceptional research abilities and attention to detail. Able to thoroughly investigate ideas and build comprehensive business cases, communicate across our client’s organisation, and achieve buy-in of key product initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Boutique and External Department Management – Effectively work with our Investment Boutique partners in all areas of current and forward-looking product developments.
- Support ongoing product management including: creation of product positioning versus peers; analyses of costs/charges, performance, AUM, net flows of existing products; recommend changes to existing products to evolve them for current and future client needs.
Overall, we are looking for a hungry, focused, self-starter who is meticulous in research and has a strong curiosity to earn a deeper understanding of the investment management product lifecycle and support the future growth of IM EMEA.
- Creative idea generation and feasibility investigation of potential new products and initiatives, including crafting start to finish business cases, PIDs and/or presentations, including completion of Section 1 of the PID for submission to Product Committee (known as the “Pre PID”).
- Input into the Focus and Strategic Focus lists, achieving buy-in from key stakeholders for any changes.
- Input into the “TCF” product oversight, including Manufactured and Non-Manufactured products IM EMEA distribute.
- Achieve buy-in of Product Committee members for new products; at times present all information as effectively as possible to allow the best decision at Committee (regardless of positive or negative outcome).
- Act as a key contact across the entire division and with boutiques; act as a source of knowledge and collaboration to develop our distribution business.
- Execution of ad hoc strategic projects related to Product Development as directed.
Generic Management Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information to Senior Management.
- Comply with all corporate policies relevant to the functions managed including Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage any delegated budget in a manner that will best serve LOB’s best interests and provide the Finance Department with monthly tracking and projection information.
- Be aware of current regulatory and legal obligations of the function managed.
- Report any suspected breaches to the Compliance or Legal departments, as appropriate, immediately on discovery.
- Monitor, document and report business risks and internal controls of the function managed, alerting Senior Management immediately of any significant changes.
- Maintain and test a current and effective continuity plan to ensure an appropriate response to any disruption to systems, information services, communications and office facilities.
- Building Organizational Talent
- Change Leadership
- Client Orientation
- Developing Partnerships
- Driving Execution
- Operational Decision Making
- Global Acumen
People Management Competencies:
- Attracting & Retaining Organisational Talent
- Developing & Coaching Others
- Managing for Results
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experience as a Senior Product Development Manager and managing more junior members of staff.
- Strong understanding and experience in the asset management industry, investment techniques and pooled product structures in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Ireland and the UK.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as developing good working relationships with peer group colleagues.
- A proactive approach to resolving issues as well as identifying developing opportunities.
- Strong organization, time and project management skills.
- An attention to detail.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifiers.
- Experience of Bloomberg, FERI, Lipper and other market analysis tool
- IMC or CFA qualifications would be an advantage.
- Languages would also be useful but not essential. Continental European languages such as Italian, French, German or Spanish would be particularly useful.