This is a senior role working to define the product range through a focus on client demand and gap analysis and deputising for the Head of Product Strategy. The individual should be passionate about client-led and data-driven approaches with a track record of catalysing action and leading others. We are looking for a highly-driven, dynamic individual with deep insights into the strategic trends in asset management who enjoys collaborating across the business and working within a high-performance team environment.
Product Strategy is a new, expanded team focusing on two key areas: strategy & design.
The team sets firmwide product strategy by assessing client needs first and foremost as well as competitive dynamics and the investment context.
The team is responsible for defining the product range, product prioritisation and gap analysis / opportunity mapping—you will be responsible for this area.
On the design side, the team is responsible for building differentiated value propositions for clients through establishing and owning the firm’s pricing framework and leading cross-functional concept development efforts.
- Analyse client needs, competitive dynamics & the investment context—in collaboration with Distribution, Product & Investment colleagues—to define our product range
- Build a clear understanding of client needs by segment
- Develop new, innovative product ideas to drive growth
- Prioritise product activity
- Manage a small team
- Shape the team’s data science platform
Knowledge / Experience
- Deep knowledge of the global asset management industry from a strategic perspective
- The ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Track record of building exceptional, firmwide relationships
- Highly data-driven approach using a variety of sources to back up ideas and build support
- Proactive team player
- Leads by example with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to use databases such as Morningstar, eVestment, Broadridge
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- CFA / progress toward CFA preferred and / or MBA
- Experience in strategy or management consulting
- Experience with institutional clients and strategies
- Experience in sustainability and impact