Senior Program Manager
At Amazon we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to continually pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer offerings. As a result, Amazon continues to grow and evolve across many different business lines.
As part of our continued growth, The Finance Operations PMO is seeking a Customer Obsessed, Results Driven Senior Program Manager to join our expanding FinOps Program Management Office (PMO).
Amazon's not an average company and this is definitely not your average Program Management position. You'll have the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment where your ability to drive a portfolio of complex programs and projects to successful, high quality, on-time launches will be key. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to join an area that touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses globally.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Delivering complex, large scale programs and projects from initiation through delivery by leading cross-functional, geographically diverse project teams.
• Understanding the business requirements and then ensuring these can be implemented from a people, process, policy and technology perspective by working with Amazon's technical teams to effectively design, develop, test and launch scalable solutions that address customer needs while meeting our high standards.
• Ensuring consistent and efficient execution of projects, adhering to Amazon's governance and project methodology frameworks, to deliver optimal, high-quality, scalable solutions. This includes effective communication of project progression to stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Identifying and mitigating potential risks and obstacles by collaborating closely with business partners, key stakeholders and team members. Ensuring Plan B's are always in place.
• Continually strengthening FinOps effectiveness with a relentless focus on identifying and delivering continuous improvement opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to deliver large scale, complex business programs in fast-paced, deadline driven and virtual environments, involving implementation of technology driven, automated scalable solutions. Additionally, they will have a proven ability to learn quickly, distil complex scenarios into easily understandable synopses and communicate persuasively, in both written and oral form.
Finally we require someone who can apply structured and analytical thinking to solve problems independently, while motivating their project teams, through superior influencing and inter-personal skills, to resolve conflicts, drive effective decision making and deliver results.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Demonstrable program/project management experience in a mid/large size company with a proven record of successful project delivery working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently while dealing with high levels of ambiguity.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant project management accreditation e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL
• Proven capability working with, presenting to and influencing senior executives.
Amazon highly values diversity and has a number of initiatives in place to facilitate career opportunities and support individual career growth, including flexible working. There is a structured and supportive on-boarding environment to support new starters in getting up to speed quickly.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.