Senior Program Manager (non-technical), AWS Infrastructure
DESCRIPTION Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services, one of which is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Amazon is considered the most reputable company in the world, according to Harris Interactive, receiving the highest scores for its emotional appeal and its products and services. AWS is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. The AWS Finance team provides end-to-end financial support for this multi-billion dollar business, driving AWS to be the low cost provider in cloud computing and the leader in customer experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative, creative, and fastest growing teams at Amazon. On the AWS Finance team, you will be surrounded by exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people, who believe world class support is critical to customer success.
Amazon Web Services is looking for an innovative, action-oriented, analytical Senior Program Manager (PM) to support initiatives of our Amazon Web Services Infrastructure Financing Program. The PM will work closely with senior management and stakeholders across a variety of functions to ensure controllership and compliance with processes and contracts, while driving projects to ensure on time implementation of new processes and continual improvement of current ones.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
• Deliver processes and productivity improvements by working closely with the Finance, Operations, Treasury Teams and 3rd Parties. Establish tools and controls for all new processes.
• Define with stakeholders the business requirements, and then prioritize and implement process improvements, ensuring controllership and scalability.
• Proactively identify opportunities for automation, identifying both opportunities and solutions.
• Develop and manage project plans that successfully deliver promised results.
• Manage ongoing compliance with current contracts, processes, and controls.
• Collaborate with finance and the development teams in the creation of reporting tools.
• Driving continued operational and automation improvements to improve efficiency.
• Driving a rigorous and proactive cadence of communications, keeping stakeholders informed on current statuses and engaged in key decisions.
• Coordinating with stakeholders to develop and maintain scalable SOPs and comprehensive documentation.
• Creating reporting and metrics to facilitate analyses driving data-driven decision making.
• Supporting AWS relationships with financial institutions by onboarding new partnerships to our operations and processes.
To support this rapidly growing business, you must be able to think strategically, perform dive deep analytics, and communicate effectively with internal and external senior leadership.
The successful candidate will have
• Strong program management experience driving business workflow improvement.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, detail driven, and professional demeanor.
• A passion for delivering results and building trust with internal and external stakeholders.
• A proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
• The ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• A desire to grow professionally as the role's responsibility grows rapidly with the business.
• Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field
Demonstrable relevant experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA or Master's in a related field
Demonstrable experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
• Extensive experience in process definition, having taken a process from concept to execution
• Prior experience in Consulting, Compliance, Audit, Program Management or Project Management role
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
• Six Sigma and/or project management certification (Prince, PMP or equivalent) and experience delivering projects, and continuous improvement initiatives, including needs assessment, scope definition, project planning and project implementation
• Industry experience at a multinational organization
• Program Management experience showing ability to organize tasks, prioritize competing demands, find solutions, and follow through to successful conclusions
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Experience working with and presenting to senior executives
• Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation