- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Project Manager – Insurance Client Implementations
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe role will be focused on managing Enterprise Risk Management software implementation projects for European insurers, with an initial emphasis on solutions for IFRS17 standard. Support for the existing portfolio of Solvency II compliance projects is also expected. The role sits within the PMO function within ERS Insurance, and requires collaborative working with a range of other internal stakeholders.
This is a client facing role and strong client management skills and documented experience are essential. The Senior Project Manager must successfully align stakeholder expectations and provide a robust approach for jointly managing issues.
The role also provides the opportunity to embed a Project Management culture across the various Insurance services teams and to take part in development and improvement of our award winning software.
The Senior Project Manager will be joining a fast growing business within a top tier global ERM software provider to the banking and insurance industries, with opportunities for development and for driving challenging and rewarding projects to successful outcomes.
A willingness to engage, learn and contribute to the functional and technical challenges on client projects is a must. This is a great opportunity to gain rapid exposure to blue chip clients while helping internal teams to achieve a success in implementation of both new and mature software solutions. Understanding of administrative responsibilities of this role is also required.
The position will require up to 60% travel to client sites within the EMEA region.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the implementation and all aspects of client deliverables.
- Managing delivery of concurrent software implementation projects of various sizes and maturity.
- Managing delivery partner input to the project. A variety of partner models are used by Moody's Analytics and this will need to be managed for each project.
- Liaison and consultation with the client to determine scope and requirements.
- Take ownership of the project. Identify project risks, plan, organize and manage the deliverables across the project lifecycle. Manage against project budgets and balance staffing requirements across a number of concurrent projects.
- Managing the client's expectations and managing the communication to and from the client. This also includes identifying & escalating client-side risks
- Coordinate activities with clients, internal teams and within ERS Insurance, tracking progress of development against plan and budget. Alerting senior management of issues that might impact successful on-time / on-budget delivery
- Coordination of post implementation support as necessary
- Obtaining client acceptance upon successful completion of the project
- Actively oversee and manage all functional requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, test plans and user acceptance tests for assigned projects, especially for the initial implementations of new software solutions
- Responsible for ensuring communication between internal and external technical teams, also including partner and subcontractors, throughout the projects lifecycle from pre-sales to inception, execution and close.
- Collaborate with colleagues in ERS Insurance to share knowledge, provide support and cover for when needed
- Develop content for the PMO team e.g. templates, presentations, documentation for both external and internal use
- Contribute developments to our software implementation services offering
ERS Insurance is responsible for developing and delivering ERM software to the Insurance, Pensions & Wealth Management industries.
- BSc in Computer Sciences / IT / Engineering or similar is preferred
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Prince 2, MSP, PMI certification (e.g. PMP®), IPMA certification, certified Scrum Master)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of software implementation projects (experience of the vendor side an advantage)
- Project management experience in an insurance environment or financial software organisation serving insurers (experience related to Regulatory Capital and/or Solvency II projects an advantage)
- Experience in managing remote teams
- Experience in managing vendor relationships
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a wide audience.
- The ability to actively oversee and manage all Functional Requirements, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Test Plans and User Acceptance Testing for assigned projects.
- Fluency in French & English is essential. Fluency in other European languages (Italian, German, Spanish) is beneficial
- Understanding of technical concepts, development techniques, operating systems and database subsystems such as Oracle and SQL Server preferred
- Understanding of IFRS17 standard or similar preferred
- Understanding of solvency and capital calculation processes preferred
- Experience of managing Data Mapping between systems of financial and risk data an advantage
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.