- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 18
Senior Project Manager - IFRS 17
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe successful candidate will join our growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. He/she will be actively engaged in supporting the overall IFRS 17 initiative by providing strong project/program management capabilities.
This Project Manager is responsible for facilitating the planning, monitoring, coordination, communication, prioritization…for the various activities related to our IFRS 17 program. These activities includes marketing, product development, research, engineering, market outreach… The Project Manager role is essential for the success of the program.
The position presents a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals with entrepreneurial spirit and experience to step in a highly visible growth initiative with a leading company in the market.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Project Planning - Facilitating the development of project plans and updating those plans in response to changing requirements
- Project Communication Management - Develop and execute a project communication strategy that establishes and maintains a shared understanding amongst key project stakeholders. Key project stakeholders includes, but is not limited to, Product Owners, Engineering Management, Sales and other team members assigned to relevant initiatives.
- Project Scope and Requirements Management - Managing the process for defining and scheduling requirements. Monitoring scope, updating plans and schedules as scope changes, and facilitating negotiations when scope changes conflict with other program constraints.
- Project Resource Management - Forecasting project resource requirements and managing the assignment and roll-off of resources. This includes both internal and external resources where external resources include contractors and the use of partners to whom work may be outsourced.
- Project Monitoring and Status Reporting - Effectively monitor and report on project progress.
- Project Risk Management - Provide effective and responsive identification, monitoring and response to project risks and issues; both internal and external.
- Project Communications - Maintain a level of transparency that supports effective and efficient collaboration within the project and program team; ensure timely and accurate information sharing with key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS group is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience.
- Project Management Certification
- Significant experience with project oversight
- Ability to take direction from management staff and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Track record of helping projects meet aggressive timescales, while ensuring that high levels of quality are maintained.
- Experience in planning complex multidisciplinary projects in a global and multicultural organization.
- Extensive project management experience, ideally within a financial institution or financial software organization
- Exposure to IFRS 17, IFRS 4 or Solvency 2 would be a plus
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- The ability to actively oversee and manage all project resources including internal staff, contractors and partners
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assure customer satisfaction.
- Proven relationship-building skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance relationships within the team, to build consensus and drive project forward.
- Experience developing and managing projected forecasts related to schedule, resources, etc. is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross -functional technical and non-technical teams as well as senior level business executives
- Intellectually curious
- Interested in learning new processes and tools in order to develop best practices
- Be able to adapt quickly in a rapid, changing environment
- Possess strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop high quality project delivery
- Team player with management skills and the ability or potential to lead others
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, and professional and personable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.