Senior Project Manager Strategic Development
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH, UK Branch
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
As Senior Project Manager for the Strategic Development (m/f) department you will drive M&A deals as well as key strategic initiatives to further build out the global business. In your role, you will report to the Head of Strategic Development and will be based in Frankfurt/Main or London. There will be occasional travel to other locations.
Your responsibility will consist of leading key strategic projects, in particular you will be involved in driving the full M&A lifecycle when acquiring Asset Managers to add to our capability line-up. You will work very closely with all teams within the Global Strategy department, as well as with various other functions within Allianz Global Investors and related group entities. Through frequent interactions with senior management and various functions on highly important topics, you will gain deep knowledge across all aspects of the Asset Management business as well as across all geographies. The role is best suited for a self-motivated, impact driven individual looking for exposure to a broad range of initiatives and projects within AllianzGI.
• Lead and drive inorganic growth/ acquisition projects along all relevant phases including ongoing exchange with investment banks, initial target assessment, valuations, due diligence and post-merger integration initiatives
• Drive strategic projects and initiatives with a global, regional and/or functional scope
• Act as trusted advisor to the Global Head of Strategy, Head of Strategic Development and the Senior Executives on topics of important and strategic relevance
• Support development and implementation of Allianz Global Investors global strategy
• Develop and prepare senior management presentations and relevant decision proposals for AllianzGI Governance Bodies (e.g. Global Executive Committee)
• Conduct detailed analytical assessments and recommendations
• Develop Business Plans and Investment Cases
• Support external consulting Projects
• Several years of work experience, ideally in investment banking or in the strategy consulting area
• Experience in leading M&A deals from beginning to end as well as leading strategic projects with proven impact on the business
• Excellent conceptual, analytical and visualization skills as well as problem solving ability
• Good ability to communicate with senior management
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop a network in short amount of time
• Clear ability to work in a team, as well as enjoying dealing and communicating with colleagues
• Distinct willingness and high motivation to learn and develop
• Ability to quickly understand multiple topics and work with people of different seniority across cultural boundaries
• Financial modelling and valuation of advantage
• Fluent English skills, additional language skills are a plus
• Highly energetic and result-oriented attitude
• High flexibility and mobility
• Passion and high motivation to drive change and impact an organization
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 85 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Global Investors is the asset management subsidiary of Allianz SE. We are one of the world’s leading active asset managers with over 600 investment professionals in 25 offices worldwide, managing more than EUR 500 billion in assets for individuals, families and institutions.
Active is how we create and share value with clients. We believe in solving, not selling, adding value beyond pure economic gain. We invest long-term, drawing upon our broad and innovative investment expertise, and leveraging resources globally to ensure a superior client experience wherever they are based and whatever their investment needs.
You are committed to creating value for our clients so that they can meet their financial objectives throughout their lives. You embrace a collegial culture based on strong values, take individual responsibility, and are dedicated to mastering challenging tasks. You aspire to make an impact in a diverse, international, technology-enabled and increasingly agile environment. If you feel inspired to elevate the active asset management experience, this is the place for you since.
Active is: Allianz Global Investors.