up to £160k base, £250k TC Job description:
One of the world's most prestigious hedge funds is looking for an experienced backend engineer to join a brand-new team pioneering sophisticated technology and innovative investment strategies for their top-performing Portfolio Managers.
You will help to build a Python-based platform to integrate datasets, analytics/pricing systems and tech platforms across the firm. You'll also be part of an elite group deploying the platform to PMs, building & maintaining robust APIs and services to support them in trading, risk management, tech analysis & research.
Successful candidates will likely have front-office experience in a similar role working with PMs, where you have demonstrated that you can adapt to steep learning curves and communicate well with both the business and technology. Skills and Experience Required
- 7+ years' experience, including 4+ years of Python
- Solid experience building a product and rapidly iterating according to user feedback
- Good eye for API design, focused on scalability and reliability
- Familiarity with equity and/or fixed income products (in particular pricing/analytics)
Benefits & Incentives
- Front-office hedge fund experience
- Use of data-driven approaches
- Strong salary + bonuses
- Collaborative culture and an energetic, dynamic engineering atmosphere
- Build and share knowledge alongside top-tier engineers
If you feel you're suitable for this role, want to hear about similar positions, or would like help hiring similar developers for your company, then please send your CV or get in touch: Richard Allan
020 3137 9574