Senior Python developer
For more than 15 years, Talan has been advising companies and administrations, supporting them and implementing their transformation projects in France and abroad. With a presence on four continents, the group anticipates revenue of €350 million in 2020, for a headcount of more than 3,500 consultants.
In the UK, Talan count 230 employees on several site, the main being: London, Edinburgh and Chester, Leeds. Job Description
Talan UK is expanding its team and we are looking for Senior Python developer in investment banking. Background
Prime Solutions & Financing is one of the six global business lines within Global Markets. PS&F offers its clients a global and cross-asset platform for clearing of listed and OTC products, execution of listed derivatives, prime brokerage services, and securities financing through repo. The client has combined its Global Markets expertise with the collateral and custody experience of Securities Services to create Derivatives Execution & Clearing (DEC). This is a single, cross-asset execution & clearing business
The DEC business relies on the TRACC application for real-time trade acceptance and limit management for all OTC products. TRACC is the golden source for client clearing limits and it aggregates and displays client clearing risk to multiple business user groups. TRACC is an essential tool for the DEC business and its features will be significantly expanded as part of the client's ambitious IT transformation programme.
The team currently has 3 developers in London. Every developer works on a mix of the existing and new features.
The team is looking for an experienced Python developer to work on all aspects of the platform. This will include the various processes that run on the server, the database, the infrastructure and Web UI enhancements.
The right candidate will be a strong driver for Agile development and for automated testing. There will be daily collaboration with developers, business analysts and other development teams so strong communications skills would be required.
We are looking for someone able to take ownership of projects and developments, able to propose constructive solutions and implement them. The right candidate will be proactive in discussing issues and helping colleagues in all locations. At times, it will be necessary to drive change in other teams and to unblock issues - a proactive personality and can-do attitude are essential for this role. Essential skills / attributes:
• Python development experience (Expert level)
• Experience building and maintaining Web API's
• Strong interest in automated testing and deployment
• Strong communication and requirements analysis skills
• Experience with continuous integration (Team city, Cruise Control, etc.)
• Pragmatic and flexible, able to balance technical optimisation vs business delivery
• Capable of picking up new technologies quickly
• A passion for automation, improvement and simplicity
• Solid computer science and design patterns fundamentals.
• Team player Advantageous skills / attributes:
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with SOA
• Experience with memory profiling
• Experience working with large datasets
• Experience with speed and memory optimization.
• Full project and application lifecycle experience.
• Web development experience