Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst
Corporate Title: Director
Line of Business: Global Risk Analytics
Here in our London office we are looking for a Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst to join our Global Risk Team.
You will be responsible for leading the FRTB program for Global Risk Analytics (GRA) as well as GRA's responses and interactions with regulators with respect to the company's Brexit preparations.
You will work with the global market risk analytics team within GRA, global and regional risk managers, Risk and Front Office technology and Model Risk Management (MRM).
You will need to possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills, superb communication and leadership skills and a broad knowledge of financial markets, products and regulations.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Lead the FRTB program for the Market Risk Analytics team within GRA
- Execute our analytics plan in connection with the company's application to the Central Bank of Ireland and the European Central Bank for advanced market risk model approval for our European legal entity
- Be involved in a wholesale refactoring of our market risk technology stack, leveraging our new Quartz platform.
- Take the lead in defining the execution of our roadmap, in particular the program to reduce our Risk Not in Var (RNiV) contributions
- Coordinate the model development, implementation and submission, and will regularly collaborate with industry groups and regulators
What skills, qualifications and competencies will you ideally possess?
- Extensive experience within quantitative modeling or related areas
- An advanced quantitative degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, finance or a technical field, PhD preferred (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of financial market and products
- Knowledge and understanding of market risk regulatory capital framework
- Experience & proficiency with statistical software packages such as R, or programming languages such as Python
- Ability to multitask and properly prioritize multiple projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of focus and rigor in the completion of deliverables
- Enthusiastic behavior with capacity to seize initiative
- Great teammate
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.