A leading commodities trading firm has recently undergone a revamp and is seeking exceptional quants to help build out a brand new team. Working closely with (and for) statistically one of the world's greatest commodities traders, you will be responsible for quantitative modelling, analysis and strategy generation for power and gas markets to drive value creation in commodities trading. This role can be based in any of their London, Geneva, Singapore or Houston offices.
- Quantitative modelling and analysis of EU & US power and gas markets
- Identify trading opportunities based on fundamental or non-fundamental drivers
- Support generation of trading strategies
- Relevant experience as a Quantitative Researcher / Data Scientist at a trading firm, hedge fund, utility firm, etc
- Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline
- Knowledge and experience working with EU & US power and gas would be a big advantage but not essential
- A background in weather & climate variability would also be a big advantage