Our client, is a top-tier asset manager who are looking to hire a senior investment risk professional in the global risk team.
As part of a small team, this individual will lead the risk management of the Quantitative Investment platform, primarily covering equity funds.
- Proactive role in managing the firm’s risk management function, with a focus on covering equity portfolios
- Lead the risk management of the Quantitative Investment platform
- Provide portfolio analysis to ensure that Portfolio Managers understand the different risks in the market
- Participate in monthly risk management meetings with Portfolio Managers
- Process and understand risk predictions made by risk models
- Initially assist with running of, but increasingly develop, risk-management processes and be able to liaise with IT developers to implement the building of risk-management systems
- 5-10 years relevant experience in an investment/quantitative risk function in an asset management environment
- Prior exposure to equity portfolios
- Strong understanding of methods used in managing portfolio risk, as well as other types of portfolio analysis
- Degree educated, technical/STEM subjects desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate and influence senior stakeholders
- Programming experience (VBA, Python, MATLAB, R and/or SQL)
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.