Senior RFP Writer- Institutional
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality, tailored responses to information requests which communicate Fidelity's competitive advantages and product features in a clear and compelling proposal.
About the RFP Team
As part of the new business process for the institutional team, Fidelity is asked to complete detailed new business Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) for institutional clients and prospects. Potential clients request this information in order to evaluate our company, products and services; and ultimately make major investment decisions worth hundreds of millions of dollars. It is vital that Fidelity provides these groups with up-to-date, high quality documents which communicate our marketing message clearly and the RFP Specialist is responsible for producing these documents.
The RFP Specialist will also work closely with the centralised RFP Knowledge Management Team ('KMT'), which manages the Qvidian Database of standard answers most commonly used in RFPs, the commonly used data for RFPs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality, tailored responses to information requests which communicate Fidelity's competitive advantages and product features in a clear and compelling proposal. This involves crafting new or updated responses, where necessary, as well as using existing materials. The RFP Specialists work particularly closely with the institutional UK and EMEA Sales Teams, product specialists, the RFP Knowledge Management team and other experts throughout Fidelity. As the role involves sourcing and providing in-depth written answers to questions on a wide variety of topics, this role provides an excellent opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of Fidelity's products and services. The RFP role can be an excellent basis for development towards a future career in sales, client relations, product or investment communications.
Responding to Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, due diligence questionnaires, consultant (non-database) requests and surveys, for Fidelity's institutional UK and EMEA business channels, by:
- Collaboratively working with colleagues including team members in the Institutional RFP team (a close team of specialists - currently 6 members), the RFP Knowledge Management Team, Consultant Database Team and other RFP professionals within the global organisation
- Developing a strong knowledge of the key institutional products and mandates
- Proactively organising workload to meet client and internal deadlines.
- Confidently liaising with the investment product teams and sales relationship teams to determine the requirements, allocate responsibilities and project manage the entire RFP completion process
- Crafting a high quality document using the RFP database to source standard answers, working on new responses from product specialists and subject experts and tailoring all the parts to the particular proposal requirements
- Working within compliance guidelines to ensure compliance with regulatory and GIPS requirements
Actively contributing to the ongoing improvement of RFP content, processes and systems:
- Improving existing responses, sourcing or creating new answers, and submitting these for the RFP database.
- Tracking and monitoring the RFP pipeline of work in progress
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of the team's processes and effectiveness
Skills and Experience
Relevant Experience and Qualifications:
- A strong technical understanding of investments including equities, fixed income, multi asset and real estate
- Experience in investment management or investment marketing related roles
- Minimum three years' previous experience writing responses for institutional RFPs
- Investment Management Certificate or similar
The RFP Specialist must have the ability to produce a high quality document, that does not require extensive revision by Sales or Product teams and that is capable of generating a competitive advantage in the market.
In order to do that, the following skills are required:
- Team player - functioning as part of a team, sharing tasks and providing internal support aligned to Fidelity's values
- Confident communication skills - the role requires regular and effective communication with our internal customers and subject experts
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail, including relevance, spelling, grammar and format
- Fluent English language - written and spoken
- Strong organisational abilities - ability to co-ordinate responses across several departments, work to deadlines, prioritise competing tasks and work on own initiative
- A proactive approach to learning is vital to successfully developing in the role
- Accountability and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Numeracy -ability to interpret and utilise statistical data
- Computer literacy - strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint