The Global RFP Team is responsible for responding to detailed Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ) primarily from the Institutional segment of the investment management industry. The RFP writer is responsible for sourcing, creating and maintaining responses to product specific questions (public/private fixed income, alternatives, ESG) and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of company-level language in all external documents. This involves working with sales, product development and other functional business areas (operations, compliance, risk, legal), across our global locations.
• To assist the company in raising assets by developing, maintaining and distributing clear, accurate, consistent, and persuasive firm and product information for use in formal institutional and wealth business proposals.
• Primary responsibilities include the completion of requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) for institutional and wealth clients globally to agreed deadlines, maintaining and disseminating product and firm information through the RFP database and assisting the Global Business Development Group, Client Service and Product Management teams with any requests for information they have.
• Ensure adherence to the formal RFP production, back-up and review process within the given client deadline.
• Manage internal deadlines for those involved in the process, from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) input across the company, as well as sales and product management/ investment review of each response.
• Ensure that answers in RFPs are accurate and present the investment case for Barings in the best light at all times. Ensure that the competitive advantages of the company and our products come across strongly in RFPs.
• Keep updated with changes within the firm, product and industry, ensuring changes are reflected in RFPs and the RFP database. Ensure information flow through the RFP team.
• Respond to requests for assistance from Global Business Development Group, Client Service, Product Management, and other colleagues. Own and disseminate accurate product and firm information.
• Assist in the on-going enhancement and maintenance of the RFP database of responses. Demonstrate strong writing ability to draft any new content required.
• Work with product managers, investment managers and other content owners/ SMEs to ensure accurate, consistent and compelling content
• Develop the RFP team’s profile with the investment, product management, and sales teams; build relationships and develop strong knowledge of products and marketing and sales initiatives. Participate proactively in team projects and initiatives.
• Related work experience in the asset management, financial services, or capital markets industry. Bachelor’s degree required.
• RPF process/project management experience - possess good working knowledge, solid background, and broad understanding of the proposal writing process.
• Self-starter must be able to operate at a high level, prioritize key tasks, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - must have the ability to work independently on complex projects at a high level of proficiency.
• Ability to work as part of a collaborative global team - may act as a project/team lead and provide guidance/training to staff or provide business expertise to other associates or business units.
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in an environment of change, express willingness to learn about our business and products.
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and complete tasks that have high visibility.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent writing, editing, document formatting, and proofreading skills.
• Experience with proposal writing software - Loopio, Qvidian, PMAPS (Rocket Docs).