Senior Reporter - Special Situations, Europe
Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions. SUMMARY
Fitch Solutions' Capital Structure team is looking for an experienced reporter to cover the European distressed/restructuring credit markets in Europe. This reporter will be responsible for covering corporate credits that are distressed or restructuring, as well as market participants and advisors to that market. The position requires a combination of experience in financial reporting, robust analytical skills, an in-depth network of sources consisting of advisors, arrangers and investors in the distressed/ restructuring market.
Reporters generally work 9am-6pm, although source development would require flexibility for meetings and industry events outside of work hours. In addition, our journalists get all the benefits of working for Fitch Solutions, a leading financial information services company, while at the same time being immersed in Capital Structure's start-up culture. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Break news on companies in distress
- Cultivate and maintain market sources at major hedge funds, investment banks and advisory/law firms.
- Partner with Covenant Review's attorneys to develop unique analysis of the credits behind distressed companies.
- Identify key market trends and write in-depth topical pieces on longer deadlines
- Provide editorial support to other members of the team
- Be a team player - work towards group objectives, across functions and assist in the training and coaching of new joiners.
- Significant experience covering financial markets, particularly within the distressed/restructuring market.
- Proficiency with analyzing financial data
- Strong writing/editing skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under daily deadlines
- Strong grounding in credit markets
- The flexibility to carry out additional tasks as and when requested
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.