Senior Research Analyst (based near Birmingham)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- AFH Wealth Management
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
AFH offers a broad range of wealth management and financial planning services to both mass affluent and high net worth individuals as well as companies. We are a financial adviser led wealth management firm with assets under management of circa £3.2 billion as of June 2018.
The Group Investment Research department is responsible for asset allocation, fund research, direct asset research and portfolio construction. We cover a wide array of asset classes including equities, fixed income, real estate, and alternative assets.
Group Investment Research is recruiting for a Senior Collectives Research Analyst. We are keen to speak to candidates with 5 years or more experience in Fund Research and a capacity to cover all the major asset classes. The ideal candidate should be CFA qualified and have a degree in a quantitative subject. The role will have some responsibility for managing and helping to develop some junior team members.
The role is based in Bromsgrove which is within commutable distance from Birmingham.
Collectives Research Responsibilities
- Perform quantitative analysis on funds in order to identify top performing fund managers in the investment universe.
- Perform due diligence on fund managers, in order to ascertain their ability to consistently add alpha above their respective benchmarks.
- Produce research reports on fund managers across multiple asset classes and investment strategies.
- Work with other team members to create periodic sector/industry outlooks.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers to coordinate research and generate ideas.
Portfolio Construction and Other Responsibilities
- Construct and monitor model and bespoke portfolios across multiple investment platforms.
- Assist portfolio managers with the construction of bespoke portfolios for clients.
- Assist in spreadsheet maintenance and any other operational tasks required.
- A good grasp of fixed income and equity funds is a must.
- Good quantitative skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build models.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as the candidate will be expected to periodically present reports at investment committee meetings.
- Strong conviction with the ability to convince portfolio managers and other team members to agree on ideas they present.
- A graduate degree in a quantitative subject, preferably economics or finance.
- Should ideally have completed their CFA charter.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, or other financial software.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 8 August 2018.