Senior Research Associate
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
As part of the fundamental research effort, works with the research team to gather information on securities to augment the coverage of the research analysts and PM teams. The Senior Research Associate will work with the PMs to assist on buy/hold/sell decisions and actively follow these companies. Sr. RAs will be expected to do both core research associate functions as well as the active stock coverage to be successful in the role. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Gathers information about the securities by interviewing suppliers, customers, government agencies, sell side analysts, etc. Develops interview questions and gathers data via telephone or in person (hosts visitors or travels to location).
- Collects financial data from databases and interview process to be utilized in building and maintaining financial models with price targets to be kept in the research system.
- Conducts regular meetings and calls with senior management, write and circulate investment notes on earnings calls, conferences and management meetings.
- Working independently, conducts thorough analysis of designated securities; developing the financial model, investment thesis and investment recommendation that are presented to the research analyst and portfolio management team.
- Works closely with the Analysts and relevant Portfolio Managers on stocks as it relates to implications to the rest of the different sectors across market caps.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of junior Research Associates.
- Perform core research associate duties, including, but not limited to, supporting Analysts and Portfolio Managers on industry analyses, financial models, conference preparation, roundtable presentations and industry reviews.
- Assumes additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years relevant investment/financial experience with strong accounting skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to gather and concisely draw conclusion from large amounts of information and financial data.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects.
- A passion for investing
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."