Senior Research Associate - European Oil & Gas
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Sanford C. Bernstein
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
We are looking for a Senior Equity Research Associate to join our European Oil & Gas team in London with an immediate start. This is a very highly ranked team covering both the largest E&P companies and the integrated majors. Our team is a small size (three professionals) and you will have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make an important contribution.
As a Senior Research Associate on the European Oil & Gas team you will:
- Acquire expertise in the oil and gas industries and the issues facing both the companies and the underlying commodities by working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Develop a thorough understanding of the economics of the commodity markets
- Conduct detailed and advanced financial modelling
- Demonstrate thought leadership and make significant contributions to our highly differentiated written product and forward-looking financial analysis
- Develop relationships with institutional clients, sales, trading as well as interact with senior management teams in your industry
Bernstein makes a strong commitment to Associate development, and gives you opportunities rapidly to gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While our culture is intellectually rigorous, it is also very collegial and fun – Associates participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and leadership programmes, social events, mentoring and annual on- and off-sites.
Please only apply if you fulfill the following criteria:
- A First Class or 2:1 Honours (or equivalent) degree or distinction from a highly ranked university or business school/master's programme (test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above, GMAT score above 700)
- 3+ years of work experience at Oil & Gas companies at the corporate level, or in related areas such as consulting to or carrying out investment banking for Oil & Gas, or in equity research covering the Oil & Gas/Energy sector
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative backgrounds (may have credentials such as the CFA, ACA or CPA)
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
London based. Immediate start.
We look for consummate team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically 3-5 year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in investing.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
We look forward to learning more about you.
Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street's premier sell-side research and brokerage firm, with a global equity trading platform that spans the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Our firm was founded in the U.S. in 1967 and in the U.K. in 1999. Our research and trading capabilities are sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the top of our industry by acknowledged arbiters. In independent surveys of major institutional clients, Bernstein's research is ranked #1 for overall quality, industry knowledge, most trusted, best detailed financial analysis, major company studies, most useful valuation frameworks and best original research. In Institutional Investor’s latest annual client survey, the leading survey by which research analysts in our industry are evaluated, over 90% of our U.S. analysts and the majority of our European Analysts were recognised as among the best in their respective fields – more than any other firm in our industry. We began operations in Hong Kong in 2010, and now cover a range of sectors across Asia. Our European research team is also home to Extel's #1-ranked analyst across Europe.
Research has always been Bernstein's calling card. The brand is defined by our renowned Blackbooks, known for their unbiased, in-depth company and industry forecasts. We have a community of Research Analysts who are acknowledged thought leaders that typically have many years of experience in the industries they cover. Our reputation is for the very highest caliber of independent and disciplined investment and industry analysis. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of our buy-side parent, AB.