RLAM is one of the UK's leading asset management companies, investing on behalf of a wide range of pension fund, intermediary and private clients. We have a proven track record of delivering investment management services across all major asset classes: fixed income, equities, property and cash.
With around £129.5bn of assets under management (as at 30.06.2019) we can offer a choice of pooled investment vehicles or bespoke, segregated solutions to meet our clients' needs.
The Risk & Control team implement and embed the Risk Management Framework, and provide the executive team with assurance over the risk and controls environment. This is a first line of defence role: coordinating, implementing and embedding the risk management framework into the business.
The focus areas are IT and Change related activities, so we are looking for an individual with detailed technical knowledge of Risk Management for these areas. This knowledge may have been gained by advising clients in a consultancy capacity, or directly in an Asset Management/financial trading environment.
What you will be doing
- Taking a lead role in key RLAM projects to support the business in developing robust controls, and identifying changes in the control environment
- Coordinating the IT and Change elements of the AAF audit, and the AAF report of RLAM’s Internal Control Framework
- Coordinating risk activities across the business, embedding RL Group Risk Management System and Policies
- Producing monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc risk and controls reporting for RL Group, RLAM Boards, Risk Committees, and internal stakeholders such as CEO, COO and Function Heads
- Controls Testing, follow up on control issues identified
What we’re looking for
- Detailed knowledge of risk management and audit theory and practice
- Extensive Financial services experience, and knowledge of an Asset Management operation
- Knowledge of Risk Management practice as applied to Organisational Change activity
- Detailed technical understanding of specific topics (e.g. offshore data centres, cyber security)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. Investment Management Certificate, ACCA, a risk management qualification)
- An IT audit background
Skills that will help you in the role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to present and articulate complex information to senior stakeholders, steering committees etc.
- Excellent analytical skills, including analysing trends
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to understand and manipulate data, and most effective way to present it
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.