Senior Risk Management Officer
- Up to £60,000 pa + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Our client, an international bank based in the West End, are seeking an experienced risk professional to join the team.
Our client is a leading global bank with UK offices based in the West End
- Assist with updates and reports for senior management, management committees and for board–level committees including the Board Risk and Compliance Committee (BRCC) and the Board Credit Committee (BCC).
- Co-write the Head of Risk with the reports and papers for Management Risk Committee, Management Credit Committee (MCC) and Criticised Asset Committee meetings.
- Co-write the Head of Risk with Minutes taking at the Management Risk Committee, Management Credit Committee (MCC) and Criticised Asset Committee meetings.
- Assist in the review of risk policies and procedures and establish appropriate risk metrics and reporting.
- Assist with monitoring the Bank’s risk exposure and risk profile to ensure that internal and regulatory limits/tolerances are not breached.
- Assist in maintaining Credit Policy Guidelines (CPG), providing appropriate staff training and monitoring compliance.
- Prepare the Bank’s Internal Capital Adequacy Policy (ICAAP), the Individual Liquidity Adequacy Assessment (ILAA), the recovery and Resolution Plan, and the Pillar 3 disclosures for Management and Board approval.
- Update and test the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Supervise, train and mentor two members of staff.
- Liaising with external auditors as well as regulators (i.e. PRA and FCA) on all issues relating to Risk Management.
- Prepare and submit Risk Management Regulatory reports (such PSD 1, PSD 7, REP 9 and Capital Plus report)
- Assist in Identifying risks and controls encompassing all areas of the Bank’s business, evaluating the adequacy of designed controls.
- Regularly update a Risk Assessment covering all areas of the Bank’s operations, ensuring mitigating actions and processes are in place and responsibilities for particular risks are allocated and monitored.
- Assess results to determine appropriate remedial action and correct internal control deficiencies identified through the Risk Assessment process.
- Suggest processes for implementation to ensure that records are maintained for operational risk events that occur and for financial losses experienced.
- Initial evaluation of risks presented by transactions with third-parties and affiliates and advising thereon.
- Support the product development process through the evaluation of risks associated with new products and services.
- Prepares and Monitors Bank’s Liquidity and capital Stress Testing reports. Informing management of any internal and regulatory breaches.
- Monitoring all Regulatory policy changes relating to all areas of Risk Management.
- Assist with review and credit analysis of new credits from the marketing teams and prepare credit analysis reports for financial institutions and countries.
- Administer presentation of credits to MCC or BCC for approval in accordance with approval limits.
- Ensure all conditions have been met prior to drawdown of credit facilities.
- Maintain system limits for credit facilities.
- Keep records of individual credit facilities and monitor their performance.
- Monitor exposure reports and ensure all internal and regulatory limits are complied with.
- Preparing Bank’s monthly mortgage portfolio and stress testing report.
- Preparing Bank’s monthly credit portfolio report.
- Monitoring of all Daily accounts prepared by Fincon and reporting all internal and regulatory breach to the Head of Risk and Executive Management.
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant experience Risk Management in a UK financial institution, to include knowledge of Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational Risk.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK regulatory environment .
- Experience of credit and administration processes desirable.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills and an understanding of the risks inherent in retail and commercial banking.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
For further information please contact Stuart Duncan