Senior Risk and Control Process Development Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
Senior Risk and Control Process Development Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice-President (VP)
Line of Business: Global FICC & Derivatives Core Operations (FDCO)
Are you a dedicated, diligent professional? Want to join a dynamic, high-energy working environment? We are currently recruiting for a talented Risk and Control Specialist to join our team in London. You will bring your extraordinary control mind-set and cross asset class product experience into the Global FICC & Derivatives Risk & Control team, based in the Global Markets Operations organisation. You will lead the implementation of team objectives in improving the risk framework and capture process whilst balancing the need for efficiencies and the overall enterprise risk objectives.
You will be coming from a Risk & Control or Business Management type role with previous background in Trade Support or Operations with a deep understanding of full trade lifecycle. Ideally this will include cross product exposure across different asset classes with FX, Rates and Credit experience being helpful.
In return we offer you the opportunity of joining into a completely new role that will be yours to build and define. Together with broad exposure to senior partners within the organisation this role offers great opportunity for career and skill progression.
What will your main responsibilities include?
Our Team's main duties include:
- Providing an independent assessment of control and risk issues for senior leaders
- Working with line management to strengthen the control environment and improve control processes
- Providing an oversight responsibility across regulatory processes
- Control design review & control effectiveness testing
- Embedding a risk awareness culture across our business
- Crafting and deploying independent monitoring and escalation functions across the organisation
- Acting as a bridge between Ops teams and the Audit function
- Ensuring the control framework is linked as necessary to appropriate Laws, Rules and regulations
- Detailed investigation, analysis and presentation of operational risk events
- Education of associates through presentations and work shops
- Maintenance and development of control standards, and monitoring of compliance
Your role's primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Understanding the Enterprise Control and external Regulatory environment and assessing any gaps in the FDCO infrastructure. Ensure alignment with our objectives
- Identifying and co-ordinating deep dives which will result in process development opportunities across the OR&C team and in some instances the wider FDCO organisation. The objectives are to ensure effective risk management processes run in the most efficient manor given the technology and workflow environment
- Ensuring the current suite of metrics and reporting are appropriate for risk and performance management; and collation and workflow is efficient and controlled
- Presentation of relevant data for senior management throughout the bank
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Experience of Trade support/Operations and/or related support functions, including deep understanding of the end to end trade lifecycle and the associated processes within the support functions
- Previous experience of Operational Risk and/or Business Management
- Demonstrable ability to apply critical thinking to multiple, complex organisational and business issues, and has ability to translate into practical plans for project execution
- Ability to interface across various levels within Trade support, Risk, Operations and Front Office.
- Excellent risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Project management experience (typically as part of a wider role)
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management skills
- Solid control mind-set
- High sense of urgency with ability to get results
- Demonstrable evidence of partner management
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Self-starter, able to establish relationships and transcend multiple cross-functional/divisional boundaries, largely unaided
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules
- Ability to lead and inspire change
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work across business groups and in a team environment
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.