Senior SOC Analyst
Are you passionate about cyber security? Do you love working with cutting edge cloud tech, and know your IOC's from your APTs? If so, we want to speak to you! We are looking to appoint a Senior SOC Analyst
to join our security team and help us further protect the bank and our customers.
This will be a hands-on and highly technical role.
As a Senior SOC Analyst for Starling Bank you will have a hands-on role in the running of our Security Operations Centre and be responsible for shaping, recruiting and guiding a team of highly skilled analysts. As well as having previous experience in a similar role, (ideally having been a SOC Analyst yourself!), you should also be someone who would really enjoy the challenge of working at a young and exciting scale up! Requirements
- Previous experience managing or a leading a team of technical security analysts (in a hands-on capacity, i.e. leading by example)
- Knowledge of perimeter security including cloud intrusion techniques
- Experience triaging security events, and providing incident response
- SANS/GIAC, Offensive Security, and/or CREST courses & certifications (beneficial)
- Improving log analysis and correlation, building dashboards, monitoring security tools for threats, incident remediation and prevention documentation
- Have a passion for cyber security, bring current and evolving industry trends back into the business
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed one million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £2 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.