Senior Sales Director
Company & Team - "About Us"
Our industry-leading solutions, data services and investment management capabilities enhance the end-to-end lifecycle for traded and illiquid markets, with a range of offerings, including:
Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
- Portfolio Monitoring
- CRM & Pipeline Management
- Valuation Software & Services
- Multi-Currency Cash & FX Management
This is a Sales Director appointment with the solution sales specialist team in EMEA. The position will have responsibility for prospecting and selling to new accounts within a geographic region or named account list across EMEA.
The successful candidate will have experience in financial markets, direct selling experience of related software applications and/or relevant background in asset management, trading, capital markets or hedge fund focused software application.
An ideal candidate must have a proven sales track record within enterprise software sales and have the ability to sell fintech enterprise software solutions and/or buy side trade order management software with the ability to have contact at the C-level and across front/middle business and technology functions at sell-side banks, asset managers, hedge funds and insurance companies. This is a hunter style sales role requiring a solution/complex sales approach, ability to be a self-starter, and able to own full responsibility for developing sales opportunities.
Knowledge of institutional portfolio management workflows with loans, equity, fixed income and derivative trading and overall workflow is ideal. Understanding of portfolio modeling, compliance and trade operations is preferred.
Duties & Accountabilities:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Generation of new business pipeline in assigned territory
- Prospecting and networking activities to drive new opportunities
- Work closely with thinkFolio pre-sales and development team
- Ability to give product presentations with high level product demos
- Work with the US Account management team as a thinkFolio sales
- Maintain opportunities, pipeline and management reports from
- Take responsibility for IHSM solutions product knowledge, support and
- implementation processes on an ongoing basis
- Act as a point person for solutions sales providing understanding of technical information, product characteristics, and attending client meetings with assigned account managers
- Understand competitive systems strengths & weaknesses, including ability to articulate Markit thinkFolio key advantages to prospects and internal staff. Strong domain knowledge of managed service solutions and deployment models
- Active participation in sales conferences, marketing events, sales collateral production, client entertainment and other marketing functions
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 8+ years complex software sales experience
- Broad based experience with another buy side technology vendor with exposure to managing complex relationships and/or process's
- Knowledge and experience in buy side or capital markets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Specific experience in covering this client base will be a big advantage
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.