Senior Shareholder Intelligence Analyst
Are you an analytical thinker that is curious to know how and why things are connected? Do you enjoy working through different sets of data and piecing it together to tell a client how their shareholder base has changed from one period to the next?
We're looking for an analyst, within the Shareholder Intelligence Division to:
- Serve as the lead contact in the delivery of actionable intelligence about their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets.
- Contribute to Thought Leadership pieces by publishing thought-provoking content to engage with clients and showcase the skills and knowledge of an IHS Markit analyst.
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients' stocks and provide insight around the movements.
- Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations efforts.
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategies and trading.
- Deliver regular reports and ad hoc updates around notable shareholder movements.
- Participation in one or more of the EMEA shareholder intelligence committees.
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the team's service offering to clients.
You will be working in the Shareholder Intelligence Team in London where you will work alongside the regional director and sales team to engage with Investor Relations representatives of listed companies throughout Europe. The team in London is supported by analysts and researchers situated in Cape Town but working within a wider team of more than 15 analysts. About You
- English oral and written communication skills. Ideally you would have experience in writing pieces for public consumption for example; market commentary. A second European language would be an advantage.
- 2 - 5 years of Market Surveillance, Data & Analytics, Capital Markets, or related finance or capital markets experience
- A solid understanding of financial metrics and capital markets
- Strong quantitative and qualitative ability
- Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills. Ideally you would have experience in writing pieces for public consumption for example; market commentary.
- Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
- Ability to analyse data and absorb new information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Ability to collaborate with teammates located in global IHS Markit offices, across time zones
- Detail oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational skills
- Resourceful and able to contribute creative solutions to client questions and internal functions
- Facility with advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet and SalesForce is desirable.
- Any advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Visual Basics, Power BI will be advantageous.
- Collaborative and a team player
- Forward thinking and aim to improve with each objective
- Goal orientated / results driven
- Option to work from home on certain days of the week
- Be part of an international institution with a strong client base and broad product line
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Your colleagues About us
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.