Senior Software Engineer
- GBP80000 - GBP90000 per annum + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jul 18 2018-07-24
This person will act as development SME within the Java domain. This requires them to be a delivery focused professional who can work without supervision to a consistently high standard. The role requires the individual to be an expert within their field and who strives to maintain and expand upon their expertise.
Their technical expertise and experience will enable them to play a major role in the design and implementation of enterprise applications. They will also be recognised as the expert of functional and technical areas as per the skills matrix. This will subsequently require the offering of support and guidance to lesser experienced members of the team.
This person will be a dynamic individual who relishes a challenge and seeks to continually improve their understanding of both their professional skills and the industry in which they operate.
This position requires a person to have an absolute commitment to successful software delivery with a 'can do / will do' mentality to ensure success. Nevertheless, this person will require excellent interpersonal skills as they will need to gain support from people from all areas and levels of both Trax and on occasion external third parties.
- 8+ year's delivery experience on a commercial application development project including integration with 3rd party applications.
- 5+ year's delivery experience of commercial enterprise applications within the Java development stack.
- 5+ year's delivery experience of message oriented (or event driven) distributed systems.
- Implementation experience in application server clustering, performance tuning and scalability testing to support high throughput, moderate latency, high availability systems.
- Experience including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large scale custom built object-oriented applications.
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge
- Implementation experience of working with open source technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Camel, etc.
- Delivery experience with FUSE ESB, OSGI, Apache Karaf
- Delivery experience with messaging middleware / distributed computing, ideally AMQ
- Demonstrable experience leading small groups of similar level and less experienced developers.
- Integration experience with relational databases, specifically Oracle.
- AWS experience advantageous.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming - XP and Scrum or RUP.
- Implementation experience of continuous integration, ideally using Jenkins.
- Implementation experience of using Linux.
- Working within (and knowledge of) the financial industry is a bonus.
- Is experienced, confident and able to portray ideas in an articulate, persuasive and convincing way.
- Thrives on the challenges that change brings.
- Promotes a can do attitude and leads by example.
- Is able to think creatively and analytically.
- Thrives on innovation.
- Is very delivery focused; quick to market deliverables are key to the success of the team/company.
- Has had management experience.