Senior Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Senior Software Engineer
You are passionate about technology. You recognize elegant solutions to challenging problems. We're looking for a software engineer like you who can:
– design and develop enhancements to our core Equity Front Office platform
– work closely with end users to help shape solutions that meet their needs
– contribute to the strategic transformation of UBS Asset Management's technology estate
– promote best practice and contribute to the continuous improvement of platforms
– reduce complexity and improve overall stability and maintainability
You must be an experienced full stack developer and have experience designing, implementing and delivering into production complete solutions. Experience in financial technology is required and may include areas of Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Data Analysis, and Client Reporting solutions.
You'll be joining a cross-functional team in London, working in an agile environment to deliver business-driven enhancements to UBS Asset Management's core equity front office platform, and contribute to the emerging transformation of our front office technology stack. We develop and maintain fully integrated global systems supporting investment workflows from idea generation through to portfolio modelling, construction and optimization. The team enjoys considerable support from users across the Active Equities, Systematic and Indexed investment areas. The existing stack is C#, WinForms/WPF, Oracle, and other supporting technologies, but you will need demonstrable expertise in contemporary technologies such as React, Node.js, Redis, Python, etc. and be open to adopting and deploying other technologies in support of our transformation aspirations.
Your experience and skills
– excellent C#/.NET including commercial experience in WinForms and/or WPF
– experience with an enterprise RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server
– exposure to cloud deployments using technologies such as React, Node.js, Redis, etc.
– experience working with complex, connected applications for a demanding user base
– experience refactoring legacy code bases alongside the use of modern design patterns
– experience of code-reviews, unit testing, CI/CD, TDD, BDD, and other contemporary methodologies
– experience in an agile environment with user stories as the primary method of requirements capture
– pertinent buy- or sell-side experience with knowledge of financial products and processes
– a self-driven and proactive professional who thrives on cross-group collaboration
– comfortable proposing and objectively defending solutions in a demanding, collaborative environment
– passionate about the development of elegant IT solutions and the role of modern software in the realization of optimal business outcomes
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?