Senior Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Senior Software Engineer
Location: London - Ropemaker Place
Salary : Competitive rates apply
Posting date: 6th September 2018
Closing date: 3rd October 2018
Technology groups develop and support systems which provide technical support across the suite of MarkitServ products. The application support team works closely with a highly competent Client Services team and the core project teams to resolve client issues and improve the platform.
- As an experienced operation manager you should have solid understanding of ITIL practices of application / technology support to monitor, support, enhance and streamline Production And Application Support for mission critical applications which power Markit's industry leading range of trade processing products
- This role would suit an experienced technical resource with experience managing a technical support function in a high pressure environment which demands high system performance and accuracy.
- Hands-on Oracle, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting preferred as this role will contain a hands-on element and will also involve mentoring technical staff within these disciplines.
- Work on maintaining and monitoring systems powering pricing for one of the several of the highest profile asset classes which are undergoing rapid & exciting change.
- Will perform a variety of tasks including coordinating all resources and stakeholders, planning and setting milestones, assigning responsibilities and monitoring, summarizing and communicating progress and status.
- Early joiners would be preferred.
Duties & accountabilities
- Expertise in Application and Production support.
- End to end Application support of Markit products and internally and externally hosted solutions.
- Define and monitor support SLA's.
- Define and monitor support processes and procedures.
- Client onboarding related to support and infrastructure management.
- Act as SPOC for all enterprise solution / product delivery teams for their maintenance and support needs.
- Mentoring and developing the support team
- Day to day management of support team and issue and incident escalations.
- Manage level 1 and 2 support, application monitoring and track scheduled deliverables.
- Able to deal with global teams and ensure co-ordination amongst stakeholders.
- Implementation of processes to monitor financial batches. Management of support of operational and technical incidents from detection through to resolution.
- Responsibilities will include hands-on fault diagnosis and resolution, process creation and optimization, knowledge sharing and delivery against agreed goals and objectives.
- Act as SPOC of 2-3 Products, Ownership of end to end production support, Requirement analysis and Root cause analysis
- Involve and drive RCA for repetitive incidents and provide solutions.
- Driving excellent levels of service to the business, effective management & technology strategy development and ownership through defined process
- Ownership and drive of Scheduling technologies and the standards by which they are used
- Act as a single point of contact on assigned functional & technical issues for the ongoing development of various applications; also be responsible for ensuring any operational or technical issues are resolved on a day-to-day basis to ensure successful implementation of projects for various functions.
- The person would require delivering all aspects of production support for various applications along with some of 3rd party vendor products including incident resolution or proactive mitigation, change & problem management; would ensure compliance to all agreed SLAs and requirements.
- Manage relationships with all customers within the support and development application teams across all business lines
Education and Experience
B tech or BE
12+ years' experience in Support .Understanding of ITIL and Incident Management process Must
Oracle, PL/SQL Query, Linux/Unix Shell Scripting - Must
Experienced in Java, J2EE, JEE technologies such as Servlet, JSP, Spring, Hibernate or equivalent object oriented programming language - Desired
Working knowledge of source control tools such as SVN, Perforce, Git - Desired
Networking knowledge - Desired
Experienced in working with Cloud environment, PAAS, Openshift - Desired
- Knowledge of the Financial standards and OTC Derivatives Market
- A background in managing teams supporting products, custom solutions and hosted solutions.
- Extensive proven experience building support teams and establishing procedures / SLA's for team.
- Prior experience working as support team member.
- Handled support of products / solutions on varied technologies such as Unix, Linux, Wintel, Java/ J2EE, .NET, Oracle, MySQL, BI and Data Warehousing applications etc.
- Deep knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools and technologies.
- Excellent client relationship and client expectation management skills
- Good team player
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.